Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Round Cup game is selling fast

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If it is Arsenal it will certainly sell out, it will be the cheapest home match of the season for many of them after all :whistle:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does anybody on here know how many tickets Arsenal would ask for, and how many Swansea would be after?

I can't seem to find that information anywhere :whistle:

I saw someone had provided that information - I can't remember who or where though sorry. were loose.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
arsenal 4000 swansea 2000 apparently someone once told someone. Reckon 3200 if its Arsenal

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Isn't friends and family a convenience thing online so that people can buy for other season ticket holders all in one go? The people I'm talking about are not season ticket holders, only the chap buying and he bought more tickets than he has season tickets.

Pretty much, yes. Though it's not just for STH.

It basically links friends & family together (whether STH or not) via their fan numbers (+ surname + postcode). You can do it by going online and adding people using their fan numbers & other details.

E.g. if I want to sit with my dad + 2 friends, I can log onto the ticket site and purchase tickets together, so we're all sat together (assuming there are seats available together), BUT each person in the group must qualify for tickets at that time - i.e. be a STF or have the requisite number of loyalty points, AND also have not already bought a ticket for that match.

In essence, it allows one person to be the organiser & buy tickets on their friends / family's behalf as long as all of those people qualify for tickets in the first place.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I just heard the club are implementing the "Shuffle Along" system to allow people to buy individual seats - but sit next to friends. There is additional steward training apparently.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I saw someone had provided that information - I can't remember who or where though sorry. were loose.

We will probably lose but it's the Fa Cup and anything is possible. Besides it's about the day out, atmosphere and watching two good footballing sides. Dont understand some people with we'll lose comments.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
So it will more than likely sell out by mid afternoon today. That's a splendid effort. Glad also that it has sold out well before the arse v swans cup replay, as this should deter people with no allegiance to either team taking up tickets.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pretty much, yes. Though it's not just for STH.

It basically links friends & family together (whether STH or not) via their fan numbers (+ surname + postcode). You can do it by going online and adding people using their fan numbers & other details.

E.g. if I want to sit with my dad + 2 friends, I can log onto the ticket site and purchase tickets together, so we're all sat together (assuming there are seats available together), BUT each person in the group must qualify for tickets at that time - i.e. be a STF or have the requisite number of loyalty points, AND also have not already bought a ticket for that match.

In essence, it allows one person to be the organiser & buy tickets on their friends / family's behalf as long as all of those people qualify for tickets in the first place.

Thanks very much for the helpful reply. I wonder if my friend's husband got lucky as the extra tickets he purchased were for people who had only been once before and I'd wouldn't have thought they would therefore have accrued enough qualifying points.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Isn't friends and family a convenience thing online so that people can buy for other season ticket holders all in one go? The people I'm talking about are not season ticket holders, only the chap buying and he bought more tickets than he has season tickets.

I with you on this, I thought you can only buy for other season ticket holders. Or people who may not be STH but qualify with enough LP

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't buy this at all. Everybody near me in West Upper supports Brighton. Full stop. Why would somebody who supports another team pay good money on a season ticket, make the effort to attend every home game, turn up to the matches wearing a replica top in the summer and hat or scarf in the winter, and celebrate goals like a maniac? They wouldn't. 99% of Amex attendees are Brighton fans.

This

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Thanks very much for the helpful reply. I wonder if my friend's husband got lucky as the extra tickets he purchased were for people who had only been once before and I'd wouldn't have thought they would therefore have accrued enough qualifying points.

No problem!

The qualifying amount is presently 10 points (1 game), so as long as they had registered to get a fan number & the ticket for that match before was linked to it, they will have been fine. The staff in the club shop are usually pretty helpful and will go out of their way to help people (those who are polite & friendly in any case).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apparently Arsenal will want 4,000 tickets if they get through. The good news is that Swansea will only want 2,000.

That's what I heard.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Surely all this discussion of how many tickets remain is pretty pointless before we know who we are playing and how many tickets the opposition club will request...?

My guess would be that Swansea will want fewer than Arsenal but that could be wrong.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
were loose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here