Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 42 years ago today

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was at the Embassy gig: think it was July or August - it was certainly a hot night. It all kicked off at the gig and the old bill got called. The band started playing There's a Riot Going On as the rozzers piled in and nicked various bods. I seem to recall some pissed-up bloke trying to set fire to a copper, but that may be a false memory.

There were some heavy gigs around that time, I also remember seeing The Clash in Crawley where loads of skins turned up and started kicking all and sundry. The singer of the support act got badly beaten.

The good old days, eh?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was at the Embassy gig: think it was July or August - it was certainly a hot night. It all kicked off at the gig and the old bill got called. The band started playing There's a Riot Going On as the rozzers piled in and nicked various bods. I seem to recall some pissed-up bloke trying to set fire to a copper, but that may be a false memory.

There were some heavy gigs around that time, I also remember seeing The Clash in Crawley where loads of skins turned up and started kicking all and sundry. The singer of the support act got badly beaten.

The good old days, eh?

Post #31 a good link to all The Jam gig dates.
April 77 Embassy

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Saw The Jam 16 (or it might have been 17) times, including three nights in a row at the Rainbow in 1979.

After the show at Wembley Arena in 1978, the girl I was with and I decided to head backstage as everyone else was leaving in the opposite direction. In a raised room behind the stage there was clearly a party going on but the toerag on the door wouldn't let us in for some reason. But then the Jam arrived and simply asked us if we'd like to come in to their party. :) It was excellent, free food and drink etc and lots of celebs. The only downside looking back was the presence of one Gary Glitter. Ugh.

The night wasn't a total success, though, as some idiot had put The Jam, Generation X and Slade on the same bill. So there was quite a mixture of mods, punks and skinheads. I was literally sitting on the edge of the stage between sets when someone was stabbed to death a couple of yards away.

The good old days, eh?

Embassy gig April 77

The good old days, eh?

That Crawley gig (the clash) was lively, the support band was suicide from the states and some big lump of a skinhead got on stage and started wacking him, seem to a mix of punks, skins, Crawley, Brighton and Croydon then after the concert we bumped into a group of Crawley smoothies looking for punks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here