Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1.png

Puts it all into perspective.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No it wasn't, apart from a couple of good toons they were shit, soz just my opinion. :D
The Jam were fine - got most of their LPs (yes, and still got the vinyl) - it's what they've done since that's the shit - allso in my opinion. Soz ............

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The news hit me really hard at the time. They were "my" band, the one I identified with completely as a 13-year-old. Was too young to get into the Brighton Centre for the farewell gig although mods from my school said they were going anyway, to hang around by the stage door and hear whatever they could.

Looking back it was probably the right decision by Weller. There was no need for a seventh album.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From The Jam are at the Btn Centre 03 December, although £37 is a bit steep imho, even though they've randomly thrown in Big Country too, and possibly Buzzcocks.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The amount of times I've drifted off to sleep reciting 'Fa fa fa fa fa, fa fa fa' wondering what the inspiration for such eloquence was.
Most would have settled for 'la, la, la, la' or 'da, da, da, da', but Ray is a genius.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Loved the Jam and the Style Council but Weller’s solo stuff, imho, has been consistently underwhelming

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They were pretty good. I still tap a toe or two when Going Underground comes on the radio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here