Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

400k NHS workers on strike...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
No business would survive being ran like this and at the end of the day that is what the NHS is.

No, it isn't a business -- it's a national health service.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
What a terrifying thought!

One thing we have learned through privatisation is that ultimately regular people get screwed over. It's bad enough our utilities and transport being owned by the rich global elites, ripping us all off by selling our own services back to us for as much profit as possible - but if they also owned the military, then we would really live in a dystopian corporatocracy!
well I was trying to give an example which most people would agree that the private sector is not the ideal
provider.truth is ideas like the private is always better or that the market is a self correcting system delivering
an optimal distribution of resources amongst rational agents is a faith with no logical foundations and no
evidence in the real world to support it.
it is a myth but it is a myth which helps maintain and increase the power of the wealthy

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
when it come to government spending it is never about affordability.
it is about managing resources and managing inflationary pressures
you do not want government to outbid the private sector for all talent
or promote inflationary wage and price spirals.
In the current economic climate of stagnant wages and idle resources
increasing wages in the health service is absolutely a good thing

Aug 23, 2011
She's looked into it and think she can pay £16 a month so not horrendous just frustrating.

The forms for the PIN have stated that as of August this year the £200 to be in a union and covered by them is mandatory.

I can understand the charges and logic but it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for someone that is ultimately there to save lives.

I just asked the wife as she's a nurse and not in a union about this "cover" and she doesn't think it is mandatory. What is mandatory is indemnity insurance and if you work for NHS they have a policy that covers all their staff for this. I would double check this if I was you to make sure you're not paying out for something you don't need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here