Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 40 years ago...

Jul 7, 2003
Great day out. I was on a private coach that went up from Worthing. On our way back after the game, the team coach pulled up next to ours at a set of traffic light. I seem to recall Jimmy Case trying to swap the champagne they had on board with some beer that we had on our coach (in those days before alcohol was banned on football coaches).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wow remember it well, a balmy April day in the clock end......what a day that was.
Brilliant day out: I lived about three or four minutes from Highbury at the time, so I was in our local about 10 minutes after the final whistle. Some sadness though - it was the last Albion game that I went to with my dad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was right behind the goal for Case’s free kick. Heady heady day

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Nicks

Great day out.
I've got the Argus paper cutting somewhere.
I remember the photo with Mike Robinson wearing the leather hat after the game that Nigel Erskine somehow gave him.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
What a day that was.
Probably my favourite ever Albion game.

Was up about 5 yards behind the stanchion - JC's bullet seemed to be heading straight for us.
Limbs😃

Pig sick when they equalised, but what a way to finish it.

Loved that team - Gordon Smith, Michael Robinson and all

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Brilliant day out: I lived about three or four minutes from Highbury at the time, so I was in our local about 10 minutes after the final whistle. Some sadness though - it was the last Albion game that I went to with my dad.
Didn’t go to this - but your comment about your dad resonated. Last game we went to was Wolves away in the promotion season and last home game the QPR one with Skalak thunderbastard goal.

Not a bad set of games to send off our old men with!

Last edited:

Ghost of Killer Reeves

Oct 3, 2020
Somerset
Highbury back in the day, along with most away matches, a bit iffy as an away fan. Great to be there with 20,000 plus Albion fans and no Herbert’s in the Clock End trying to have a pop.
My dad and I weren’t very communicative at the time. I went up on a coach with my mates, he went up on an old Southdown double decker bus. I will dig out my Evening Argus/Seagulls banner complete with Jimmy Case’s, autograph on the back for Sunday.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Went up on the special train that seemed to snake around London before stopping at Highbury and Islington. Remember being crammed in on that terrace a long time before the kick off and being grateful for having a strong bladder!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sadly, didn't get to that game, I recall Dad didn't like going up to the smoke.

What a clearance that was from Fozzie...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was living in Canada at the time. My dad went to that game (on his own). He never went to another game after that, for no apparent reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here