Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 40 years ago today, that Jimmy Case goal v Naaaarwich.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Fabulous day, the old North Stand at its best.

I was there in the East stand with a young nephew of my wife….who has since become a West Ham fan…as you do if you have lived all your life in Bournemouth :rolleyes:

Those FA Cup games were fabulous, repeat this year please, with a better end result

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At Leeds Saturday and even they play a pre-match montage of trophies they've won. It's embarrasing at home as we sit and watch nothing, nothing at all (was Gary Lineker on strike in 1910 when we won something?). Why do we get excited about a game 40 years ago? Because we nearly won something, that's why. You cant sing 'it's coming home' with '113 years of hurt, 113 years of dreaming!'
Time to put some silver in the trophy room, wait, have we got a trophy room?
EDIT How many clubs have their own wiki page all about their trophy wins?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We had to watch it from a wall in garden of one of the houses… Got told to move but refused. I told the resident that it wasn’t his wall and to go and get the deeds if he disagreed with my decision to stay put… I saw the goal

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Was at the top of the north stand that day, was impressed with the amount of Norwich next to us. Great surge when we scored.
One of the programmes that have survived my programme Cull.

E96478DB-5D41-4813-A940-B01A986CBA94.jpeg
48423CC8-FEAD-405F-A406-B37C9714F168.jpeg
BC50C66B-202D-44CC-AC40-151919919004.jpeg
49762BA7-5AB2-4F85-8692-2398037FF7AC.jpeg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The three absolute stuffings we got in September :eek:

I must have erased them as I don’t remember any of them.

Home games were OK though, fortress Goldstone!

Pathetic crowds, probably some VAT avoidance at play :smile:

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I went to that game, East stand,as a lad . . .and amazingly, I'm now in my 50's. . . It's like some kind of parallel universe 😂
Me too.
I remember the semi final better and all the Case cardboard signs handed out before the game for some strange reason.
My dad’s mate took one and said ‘ I’ll be holding that up if he scores’. He didn’t hVe to wait long.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
We had to watch it from a wall in garden of one of the houses… Got told to move but refused. I told the resident that it wasn’t his wall and to go and get the deeds if he disagreed with my decision to stay put… I saw the goal
I saw it from the top floor of one of the houses. Having failed to get in, as luck would have it, my brother in law had a key to one of the houses which was being renovated and he was working on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here