Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 yr old season ticket holder charged as adult, club won't fully refund....advice please.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not all sorted. It may be happy if the customer wishes to put that money towards something Albion related.

I'd rather have the cash.

I check my accounts, never, why should I assume that the club know what they are doing(

The ST card is stamped 'adult' and the club sent letters out for people to check. The OP has acknowledged telephoning and being told to put the issue in writing, but didn't do it for another few months from what is being said.

It just so happens the OP noticed the error through the accounts rather than her husband noticing 'adult' on his kids ticket, or reading the letter suggesting people check.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Inertia selling or an unsolicited supply of goods is completely different to this situation. In this case the consumer has sort to purchase an item, and been incorrectly charged for an item they thought they were getting. So that above is simply not relevant.

Anyway, the OP appears to be happy, the youngster will be getting 10% off a nice new kit with plenty left over for some hot dogs and mars bars so all is good it seems.

I believe you are wrong, (according to the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act - "unsolicited" means, in relation to goods sent to any person, that they are sent without any prior request made by him or on his behalf.), but as you say the OP now seems to be happy.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Messy situation and surprising that club did not just give a cash refund or deduct off next seasons ticket..
A simple one-off refund would probably been the best way to go.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Hello there. In view of the errors on our behalf - we should have noticed earlier - we have decided to accept the ecash and use toward replica kit, the littlest will like that. The club has definitely made mistakes, not inputting the the youngest DOB and then when we did contact them, telling we had to write to them, when we didn't which delayed the refund but ultimately, they are a business and they didn't have to refund the difference. It's not John Lewis, but the club's not John Lewis, is it? But your thoughts and comments have been much appreciated and helped me think through what we should do.

Incidentally, given no-one had asked, I have emailed the youngest's DOB, I don't want to find myself back at square one! Thanks again, signing off SurprisedSeagull.

i hope you have reduced your direct debit now you have paid the little ones in full or you will be chasing to get those payments back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here