Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-3 is the new black

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Of course, at that point you'd already benefited from the first of your 2 administrations.

Its far, far tougher to be competitive when you actually pay your bills. As you may discover some day.

Of course 1999 and the Current -Palace 2010

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I also remember a scenario,some team lost 9-0 at Anfield on the night we Beat Wolves away 4-2 to go(briefly) top of the league and Pompey lost 3-0 that very same evening to Plymouth....a perfect night.....now who was that team who lot by 9...

That's funny; you couldn't beat a club at the bottom of the league quite recently to go top of the league (second-tier). And a few years later you were at the bottom (the real bottom, i.e.92nd) for months. And last season, when you were top for months, you ended up...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Of course, at that point you'd already benefited from the first of your 2 administrations.

Its far, far tougher to be competitive when you actually pay your bills. As you may discover some day.

You are going to pay BACK Tony Bloom all the money he has loaned the club? Wow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are going to pay BACK Tony Bloom all the money he has loaned the club? Wow.

Whats that got to do with the price of lemons ?

Bloom has voluntarily invested his money into the club he loves. Whereas your mob actually thieved from local businesses and St Johns Ambulance. Twice.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's funny; you couldn't beat a club at the bottom of the league quite recently to go top of the league (second-tier). And a few years later you were at the bottom (the real bottom, i.e.92nd) for months. And last season, when you were top for months, you ended up...

Yep,agree Cardiff was a chance but a positive is we remain unbeaten,as for 92nd the only way is up...now on to the last bit....well it was 3rd...

We can improve,the overall trend is upwards-sadly this can no longer be said for Palace 2010.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well it's not like you've had a lot of experience playing at Anfield is it? Or against the Reds especially in FA Cup semi-finals? Let along beating Liverpool. Or coming back to get a 3-3 draw.
Let's face it your best performance against a team in red was against Swindon, when you actually won a play-off final. That was not that long ago. What went wrong since?

Funnily enough we beat Liverpool two years in a row in the FA cup.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blimey, one win in.......I dunno, months.....and they're posting all over a rival message board again having presumably been curled up somewhere dark and unpleasant for weeks.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The last season at Withdean had two of the greatest 4-3s ever - Carlisle, where Harry Arta scored for them in the 92nd to make it 3-3, then Bridcutt's volley..."It's the stuff of Champions, the stuff of dreams!", and Dagenham to secure promotion (and another ridiculous Bridcutt goal).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Funnily enough you lost to the mighty Brentford twice in three years in the League Cup.. What years were these titanic achievements against Liverpool?

the 2 years after you were relegated

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yep,agree Cardiff was a chance but a positive is we remain unbeaten,as for 92nd the only way is up...now on to the last bit....well it was 3rd...

We can improve,the overall trend is upwards-sadly this can no longer be said for Palace 2010.....

Well it's a struggle when there are only 12 clubs ahead of us. Gotta try and beat that record finish in 1990/91 of third. And robbed of Europe by Liverpool being allowed back the following season, after their Heysel ban.

Oh these European qualification dramas..what was it like in the Johnson's Paint Cup? Do they give you a load of paint when you win?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well it's a struggle when there are only 12 clubs ahead of us. Gotta try and beat that record finish in 1990/91 of third. And robbed of Europe by Liverpool being allowed back the following season, after their Heysel ban.

Oh these European qualification dramas..what was it like in the Johnson's Paint Cup? Do they give you a load of paint when you win?

You will struggle to ever do that again in finishing 3rd,a fantastic achievement....but you had two superb forwards and a great side back then(gutting about Europe).....as for the paint,so long as it's white it comes in handy at the Amex.....

If you ever find yourselves in the same competition in a few years from now,you might hope the sponsors have changed as i feel a lick of paint is not going to help you at Selhurst.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Yanks will love that kind of game, they tried to alter the goals etc., ban off-side in the 1970's when they had their first go at a league with Pele, Beckenbauer, Besty and Rodney Marsh. I think they also went for "quarters" to give more ad-breaks.

Sickening and it didn't help, they crashed financially apart from the NY Cosmos. I take the modern US leagues play the FIFA rules though.

That probably explains why Bob Bradley, Swansea's American head coach looked and sounded like he had been involved in a sex act after that 5-4 win against the Palarse last week.

Yes your right about the Yanks love of high scoring games. They also insisted on every game being played out until they had a winner. Draws weren't an option.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So you beat Liverpool en route to Wembley, then? In retrospect maybe you should have concentrated on the league, maybe.

We nearly fell into the same trap last season. But didn't.

Yep,finished 13th the year before..changed manager and a lot of fans were bored of the stable football,wanted more drama....we got it..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You will struggle to ever do that again in finishing 3rd,a fantastic achievement....but you had two superb forwards and a great side back then(gutting about Europe).....as for the paint,so long as it's white it comes in handy at the Amex.....

If you ever find yourselves in the same competition in a few years from now,you might hope the sponsors have changed as i feel a lick of paint is not going to help you at Selhurst.

A bit of loyalty helps, like Brighty sticking up for his old mucker Pards from the Director's Box yesterday afternoon. I suspect that the Skygeld (if we get it) will be used to improve the ground.

I never liked the Holmesdale Stand anyway, it's far too steeply-tiered. It was slapped up in the hysteria after Hillsborough when Selhurst had to be made all-seater. The Goldstone never had that pressure..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
That probably explains why Bob Bradley, Swansea's American head coach looked and sounded like he had been involved in a sex act after that 5-4 win against the Palarse last week.

Yes your right about the Yanks love of high scoring games. They also insisted on every game being played out until they had a winner. Draws weren't an option.

Ooherr, Pards looked like he'd been f**ked. Mind you the Southampton goalkeeper probably got something painful up his posterior at half-time yesterday. Grobelaar :wink: would have had something to say about it...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A bit of loyalty helps, like Brighty sticking up for his old mucker Pards from the Director's Box yesterday afternoon. I suspect that the Skygeld (if we get it) will be used to improve the ground.

I never liked the Holmesdale Stand anyway, it's far too steeply-tiered. It was slapped up in the hysteria after Hillsborough when Selhurst had to be made all-seater. The Goldstone never had that pressure..

Though for some reason it always reminds me of an Eagles head/beak,viewed from corner of the Aw8- i'm not a great fan of it either,it sounds good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here