Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 3 3

I don't get to see all the games, but have been to Gillingham and Boston.

We seem to play the ball around pretty well at the back and through midfield, but seem to struggle to create space in forward positions to make the most of the possession.

My observation from last week, especially, was that with 3 up front, the opposition bring 4 back to mark thus reducing space in the part of the pitch where it is most at a premium.

We don't seem to enjoy the movement needed to create and then exploit the space.

When Loft came on last week, he and Cox seemed to have an understanding with Cox making outside to in diagonal runs towards the centre circle allowing Loft to exploit the space down the left wing.

Can we do more to make the most of the possession?

Whaddya fink?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes.

And on that happy note I am off to bed, eagerly waiting the news of our big name centre forward joining the club tomorrow.

Hard to judge anything from that strange Boston game when they put 11 men virtually in their own box. Generally I think the system has worked well in finding us space going forward. What has let us down in the past few games has been crass defensive errors among the back 4.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
London Irish said:
Hard to judge anything from that strange Boston game when they put 11 men virtually in their own box. Generally I think the system has worked well in finding us space going forward. What has let us down in the past few games has been crass defensive errors among the back 4.

And thats with Lynch in the side. Imagine how bad it is going to be when he leaves.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
DAMANCLAY said:
To be fair a couple have come from him. I dont see him leaving today.

Surely if he doesn't leave today it is a certainty he will leave in January or the summer.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
paddy said:
Surely if he doesn't leave today it is a certainty he will leave in January or the summer.

Possibly. Not sure many clubs are going to match our valuation of him whilst he is making mistakes.

5000'th post :blush:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here