Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

It's pointless getting wound up about it, was always going to be the case with a stadium so far from the city centre.

They would have to halve the travel queuing times to stop some people from doing it, and even then some people would still do it.

Exactly.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
You sound like a lovely reasonable person. Threatening violence against someone that wants to go home. Well done.

I'm afraid life has people who think people don't have a choice. He can threaten all he wants but he'll shit himself if he meets me and thinks he can stop me walking thru his row!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Great post. I did leave one game early ... 0-3 down to WBA at the Goldstone in the driving rain with my Mum on the East Terrace ... But was still in the ground when the whistle went. So am not perfect. However I hate people leaving early too. Shows no respect; very prawn sandwich. I think these early departers should either have their own area which they could denude at their pleasure so as not to annoy the rest of us, or better still be charged a premium price for leaving early, or even better have to pay a fine for leaving their seat early. The fans who wish to watch the whole match could maybe then receive a discount.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Everyone behind the scenes was livid about this. Gus came in to post match press and said we play to final whistel why can't fans stay 'til final whistel? Then he stormed off, sayingthe result was now irrelevant. Dodge was so annoyed he punchd a wall in the Bupa Lounge and now has his arm in sling.

Paul Barber is introducing a leave early levy. 50p for every minute you leave before the final whistel.

Chris Birchall of Southern (not him who missed the penalty at Luton) defended his company's decision to run just one train a day from Falmer on Saturdays at 16:55. 'Football fans'said the Hull Polytechnic graduate......''they can whistel''

Top bombing :lolol:

Whistle!!! :angry:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I'm afraid life has people who think people don't have a choice. He can threaten all he wants but he'll shit himself if he meets me and thinks he can stop me walking thru his row!

The stupidity of people is astonishing. You pay your money, you leave when you want. End of shit thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO these are the exact same people who will stop coming as soon as the club stops being on an upward trajectory. Which will happen sometime. If I owned a club I really wouldn't want to be building any kind of a business model around these people.

Can't stop people leaving but it does show a lack of respect for those who stay and the players.

STH cards should have to be scanned on leaving so loyalty points can be deducted for those who don't stay until the final whistle.:ohmy:

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012

So, lets get this straight. You are happy to leave early and anybody else can go to hell. What about my right to watch the game?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh, deep joy, another "left early" thread. I don't leave early, but it is not the end of my world if some do.
Just as a side, we had the biggest crowd again today, about 3,000 more than Sheffield Weds, and about 6,000 more than Leeds, who were entertaining Millwall.....so all is well.
Oh and we won 4-1..........good innit.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
So, lets get this straight. You are happy to leave early and anybody else can go to hell. What about my right to watch the game?

Where have I said everybody can go to hell? If I choose to leave at 90 mins then that's my choice, It takes 5 secs to stand up to let someone pass. I sit on an aisle seat so it doesn't affect anyone but 5 seconds of you standing up seems to be a bain in your life. Don't worry about what other people want to do and you might live a long life, carry on getting stressed a you'll end up having a heart attack

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I can't believe how many so-called fans left well before the end of the game today. And the North Stand was as bad as anywhere.

Call yourselves real fans? You're pathetic.

In 55 years of supporting the Albion I have never once left a game before the end.j

The players deserve a full stadium to applaud them off the pitch after a win like that.
Well your a tosser! Some people have a reason for leaving early like living 100's of miles away or other commitments called life and its a balancing act get a life mate!

overlord

Apr 3, 2007
if people want to leave early its up to them, watched the seagulls for 42 years, been through the lot with them, and love them totally. but if i want to leave early what the f*** has it to do with you, i may be going to work, i may have had a call from from family saying get home quick as someone is ill,i may just want to leave early, do you know what , its my bloody choice, stop whinging about people leaving and concentrate on the game and u may not notice people leaving,

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I must admit i do hate a half empty stadium before the final whistle, but people pay their money and make their choices. Some would prefer to get home 20 mins earlier. No point getting excited about it!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Really couldnt give a toss what time people leave ,its their money they are wasting .What does get my back up is the twats that constantly stand in your bloody way when they have got up to go, rubber necking the match ,if they want to watch it stay till the end and bloody watch it.
And while I am at it ..... why is it always the same people that constantly get up through the match ,go down early at half time to get a drink and are always the last twats to get back to their seats when the game has been playing for 10 mins .

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Well your a tosser! Some people have a reason for leaving early like living 100's of miles away or other commitments called life and its a balancing act get a life mate!

First let me correct your grammar. You mean "you're a tosser" ... the apostrophe replaces the missing "a" in the sentence "you are a tosser".

Your pathetic excuses are meaningless. If you can't commit the time to watch the Albion, then please don't come to games. They last 90 minutes plus half time of 15 minutes plus injury time.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I don't understand why anyone would want to leave early just to get home earlier. I can understand if you have somewhere to go but not that many people do.

It doesn't bother me though. I tend to find the South gets a bit louder when people have left early.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not overly bothered about it to be honest but when people say they're leaving early to beat the traffic what is it that everyone is so keen to do after a game?

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I didn't say it reduced the value of my ST I just said I'VE paid good money for the ticket so stay to the very bitter end to get my money's worse! People can do as they please but it does annoy me slightly, however each to their own!

"People can do as they please......." but you are having a darn good moan up at them for it????? Sorry, but i'm as confused as a nun in dildo shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here