Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have just purchased 12 tickets for the Lower North - it would be great to be in the away end - but I would never have been able to get 12 tickets anyway - so it is the home end for us all. Just expecting a great atmosphere.

Lads - please make a good showing. Thanks.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I have just purchased 12 tickets for the Lower North - it would be great to be in the away end - but I would never have been able to get 12 tickets anyway - so it is the home end for us all. Just expecting a great atmosphere.

Did you have to make 12 internet accounts, so that you could have a membership number when it comes to the 'assign' bit?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
the priority time ends at 9am for gold and blue members it says on the official site so theres no reason why away tickets should have suddenly gone from the options

anyone know whats going on?

Just possibly the system needs a little human intervention in times of stress. With the likelihood of it being very stressed out at nine o'clock tomorrow morning, it may have seemed wise for a human to be there at the time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

A word of warning to all of us 'cause I'm likely to be purchasing here too.

I went to Arsenal last season and loads of Stoke were up with us in the home corporate areas in various pockets of 2s, 3s and 4s. Stoke were 3 nil down in 15mins and yet these pockets cheered ironically when stoke got 1 back before half time. Many were in suits because as I said they were corporates like me, and none had made any prevocative chants etc. None of the gooners around me (I was a neutral) gave a damn either that Stoke were in with them, in fact quite the opposite. And yet at half time stewards who'd been keeping a watchful eye decended on all the pockets of Stoke and threw them all out of the stadium, including the corporate suits!! The stewards were like apex preditors stalking their prey and waiting until an optimum moment. Even the home fans were having a go at their stewards who seemed utterly bored and had taken affront on nobody's behalf. Lesson is, if you want to watch ALL the game, be extremely discreate supporting the Albion. Because even if the villa fans don't mind you sitting with them, the stewards probably do. Because it's their job, see. :shrug:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

I went to Arsenal last season and loads of Stoke were up with us in the home corporate areas in various pockets of 2s, 3s and 4s. Stoke were 3 nil down in 15mins and yet these pockets cheered ironically when stoke got 1 back before half time. Many were in suits because as I said they were corporates like me, and none had made any prevocative chants etc. None of the gooners around me (I was a neutral) gave a damn either that Stoke were in with them, in fact quite the opposite. And yet at half time stewards who'd been keeping a watchful eye decended on all the pockets of Stoke and threw them all out of the stadium, including the corporate suits!! The stewards were like apex preditors stalking their prey and waiting until an optimum moment. Even the home fans were having a go at their stewards who seemed utterly bored and had taken affront on nobody's behalf. Lesson is, if you want to watch ALL the game, be extremely discreate supporting the Albion. Because even if the villa fans don't mind you sitting with them, the stewards probably do. Because it's their job, see. :shrug:

Are you trying to say that my mate can't wear his Albion Bobble Hat, Albion Scarf, Albion Gloves & Albion Watch? ???

Helter

Jan 4, 2010

I'll be like a ship passing in the dead of night :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are you trying to say that my mate can't wear his Albion Bobble Hat, Albion Scarf, Albion Gloves & Albion Watch? ???

Yes, but make sure he clearly states it's the blue and white of Birmingham rather than BHA. That will get him past any steward questions :thumbsup:

Have any Gold Members had the money for the tickets taken out of their accounts yet?
I handed my application in on the 7th and no money has been taken from my account yet.

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010

You will need to stay quiet in the lower north more than most areas in the ground. The season tickets there are crazy cheap (£295) and consequently it has become a rather loud, boisterous part of the ground. There is usually problems between stewards and fans and I have seen fans carted off and thrown out (this is Villa fans in thir own end). There is no doubt that if the authorities know you are Brighton you will be thrown out, if the Villa fans in there know then things may get nasty. I am only telling you this because I was born in Sussex and look out for Brighton results- would be a shame if there was trouble.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
You will need to stay quiet in the lower north more than most areas in the ground. The season tickets there are crazy cheap (£295) and consequently it has become a rather loud, boisterous part of the ground. There is usually problems between stewards and fans and I have seen fans carted off and thrown out (this is Villa fans in thir own end). There is no doubt that if the authorities know you are Brighton you will be thrown out, if the Villa fans in there know then things may get nasty. I am only telling you this because I was born in Sussex and look out for Brighton results- would be a shame if there was trouble.

Where do you recommend most then, especially for those of us with kids? Doug Ellis Upper, Trinity Lower, or somewhere else?

Looking forward to going back to VP (went there quite a few times when I lived in B'ham)

Would agree with your comments above re the lower North, BTW.

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010
Where do you recommend most then, especially for those of us with kids? Doug Ellis Upper, Trinity Lower, or somewhere else?

Looking forward to going back to VP (went there quite a few times when I lived in B'ham)

Would agree with your comments above re the lower North, BTW.

Go in the sides. Either is better than behind the goals. Just be aware that the stewards will enforce the home support only rule and home fans do take offence at away fans in their seats. I am sure you know this already but no Brighton colours in the home seats, if Brighton pull off a great result bite your lip, enjoy the atmosphere and celebrate with Brighton fans after the game.

With kids the best areas is the sides. Doug Ellis lower (if its sunny wear a cap) is where I sit and is a very mixed area- old, young, female, male et al. Your accent should be fine as two people on my row (including me!) have southern accents as does a guy behind me- our support travels from far and wide.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Did you have to make 12 internet accounts, so that you could have a membership number when it comes to the 'assign' bit?

I had to make two. You can assign six tickets to one account. For some reason you can't buy 12 adults - but you can buy a mix (i.e. 6 Adult, 6 U21).

And there is like a double registration. You register for the site and then register for the tickets. The only way it seems to get your Fan No is from a Password reminder for the ticket registration. It all works in the end.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Cheers. Ta for the tips. We know the ropes.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Probably been asked before, can white members buy from the shop from 9am today, thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheers. Ta for the tips. We know the ropes.

Would it be naive to think that 12 southerners will have no chance of remaining anonymous for 120 mins of a football match that really matters to them??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here