4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As of yesterday afternoon, there had been ALMOST 4000 sold. That leaves around 2400 still available.

They will still be on sale tomorrow, and probably the day after.

Quote from the helpful Scottish bloke at 4pm yesterday....

"Well over 4000 have been sold already, upgrade to blue and you can guarantee a ticket" Must be close to 5k now

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you go on the avfc website...

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/avfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=5192

Scroll down, click on the stand and you can see some have already sold out. Including the home stand that will be seated below us.

I reckon that means that they've not sold a single ticket in the stand below us, as opposed to selling them all, which means it may be available to us if we need it (we probably won't) and/or Villa will sell tickets there last if they have to because having it empty will aid segregation and the issues that can always arise when you have one set of fans directly above/below opposing fans.

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010
For those planning to go into the home end I would seriously advise against getting tickets in the Holte End. When tickets are priced this low we tend to get an element of our rougher, often younger, support at the game, and they tend to go in the Holte. If you must go in the home end then go for the sides and I would suggest that you do not make your support obvious, locals are likely to react and you are likely to be thrown out by Stewards/Police. Both Stewards and Police can be OTT at VP.

With regards to attendance and comparisons with the Blackburn game. Playing Blackburn is about as exciting as a night out in Rustington. We play them often, they bring vitually no fans, the game fell right off the back of xmas/New Year, the tickets were more expensive and it was the previous round. Add 5000+ BHA fans and our fans taking advantage of cheap seats then you should be sitting in an attendance much bigger than was at the blackburn game.

Team wise we have lots of games this month and injuries & suspensions may have a say in who starts. I would guess something like: Guzan; Beye; Collins; Carlos; Warnock; Albrighton; NRC; Delph, Downing; Delfouneso; Heskey.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I reckon that means that they've not sold a single ticket in the stand below us, as opposed to selling them all, which means it may be available to us if we need it (we probably won't) and/or Villa will sell tickets there last if they have to because having it empty will aid segregation and the issues that can always arise when you have one set of fans directly above/below opposing fans.

The stand below is for Villa season ticket holders I am told from a Villa supporter. Not sure if that means they are sold or reserved?

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010
villa's last home gate in the fa cup was 25,453.

this was against premier league opposition, and is likely to have been included in their season ticket.

their ground holds 42,640. so, in the last game there were 17,187 empty seats.

SURELY we'll get a larger allocation.

Blackburn tickets were not included in our season tickets.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Just to save me a wasted trip, am I right in thinking the tickets are on sale to white members over the counter in the ticket office tommorow morning at 09:30?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just to save me a wasted trip, am I right in thinking the tickets are on sale to white members over the counter in the ticket office tommorow morning at 09:30?

I'm also asking this and also whether I can BECOME a white member and sort White memberships for 4 friends and get 5 tickets bought, all at the same time?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Online sales start at 9am , with gold and blue members booking blocks of seats so they can sit with their white member friends the tickets aren't going too last long.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
For those planning to go into the home end I would seriously advise against getting tickets in the Holte End. When tickets are priced this low we tend to get an element of our rougher, often younger, support at the game, and they tend to go in the Holte. If you must go in the home end then go for the sides and I would suggest that you do not make your support obvious, locals are likely to react and you are likely to be thrown out by Stewards/Police. Both Stewards and Police can be OTT at VP.

With regards to attendance and comparisons with the Blackburn game. Playing Blackburn is about as exciting as a night out in Rustington. We play them often, they bring vitually no fans, the game fell right off the back of xmas/New Year, the tickets were more expensive and it was the previous round. Add 5000+ BHA fans and our fans taking advantage of cheap seats then you should be sitting in an attendance much bigger than was at the blackburn game.

Team wise we have lots of games this month and injuries & suspensions may have a say in who starts. I would guess something like: Guzan; Beye; Collins; Carlos; Warnock; Albrighton; NRC; Delph, Downing; Delfouneso; Heskey.

oh im sure our style of play is more exciting than a night out in rustington:glare:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't feel BHA have done a 'great job'. All STH could have had tickets without splitting everyone else into blue/white/junior/non-member. The club knows who they are. It isn't an issue with priority - I simply don't think it's right to charge people for a potential spot in a queue with no guarantee of anything.

The blue/white/junior schemes allow the club to try to reward those who make the effort to support the club but are not season ticket holders for whatever reason (financial/location etc)

These fans can be just as deserving of the chance of a ticket as STH but it is harder for the club to be able to identify them, and judge who is more deserving - this scheme aides the club in trying to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

How can the club tell how loyal someone making an application is? How do they judge which is more loyal, an ex-season ticket who hasn't been for a few seasons but still follows results, or someone who goes to glamour games home and away in the last couple of seasons? and so on - it opens up more questions and reasons for argument than it solves.

By just giving a free for all after the STH priority period as you seem to be suggesting would mean that there will be more scope for those who don't really follow the club but fancy going to a big game getting a ticket ahead of those who do attend games home and/or away or follow the club, are genuine fans but can't attend games for whatever reason - should these genuine fans miss out at the expense of a non fan because they arn't a STH

Correct. I have in the past been a STH and AMS member.
For a limited time after the scheme changed, the club allowed AMS members to upgrade to white members for free. It was the choice of those who decided against upgrading to take a chance that they may later need one and have to pay by not doing so when it changed.

However if they then claim that they were unaware of the change in scheme and only realised when a big game came around like this one, you could question the loyaly aspect (maybe not in your case but you get the point i hope) and whether they are deserving of a ticket or whether they are just people who want to go to big games regardless of whether they support the club or not and in place of genuine fans?

Interesting one. What counts as a 'supporter' in your mind? How would you distribute tickets? Who are you to decide who 'deserves' a ticket or not? I'm not going to get into the 'I'm a better fan than you' thing - it's irrelevent. You're more than welcome to think you 'deserve' a product more than me because you pay more regularly than I do, or you buy the shirt every year. Or because you called your cal 'Albion'. None of it matters. As has been said further up it's a business. I simply don't think it is. Next you'll be telling me you go to games to actually watch the football.

But this is what your asking the club to do, either to decide who is more loyal which is a very hard thing to judge, E.G. - Is an ex season ticket holder who hasn't been for a few seasons more loyal than someone who has been to a couple of games this season? -Does someone who may not be a Brighton supporter at heart but went to a big match in the past (West Ham / Spurs, whoever) more deserving than someone who goes regulary to away matches but has no proof? and so on...etc

Or to risk upsetting genuine fans and potentailly lose future custom by letting people with no interest in the club (and may never watch another Albion match again) be able to buy tickets after the STH priority period lapses

This system, while not perfect, is a good system for the club to use, everyone is aware of the situation and those who are willing to are able to get blue memberships to increase their prioity, i can't see the argument against it unless it is from someone who is a 1 off / big game only "supporter" wanting to go to a big game and realises that they have little or no chance of getting a ticket ahead of real supporters.

By joining the existing scheme, it is not just the Villa game that you would get priority for, but any future game(s) where the ticket allocation is likely to be smaller than demand, can't see how anyone can argue against joining that scheme unless they were only ever going to attend this one game.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'd love to know the before and after figure for how many Blue Members we had prior to and after the Villa game. ???

Me too, Brilliant thinking by some supporters there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports