Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
got mine (sth) and upgrade membership ticket for my boy at 9.30am today. Ticket office guy said 2000 tickets left which he thinks wont sell out til the weekend. his words not mine

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If you were on the AMS you could have transferred to the White scheme without having to pay a penny (within a certain time-frame, long expired), how comes you didn't?

???

Not living in BN1shire and working weekends - didn't see the point as I couldn't get to many games anyway. Ultimately my position in this, and my history of support is irrelevent.

My opposition to the scheme isn't because I haven't joined. I think the club is misguided as to why people go to games. This scheme stops families sitting together if some are STH and others not. If a group of 8 people with various 'membership' want to go, they can't. Some people might not get tickets at all, others won't sit together. Doesn't sound like a great day out to me. (This would be solved with a return to standing, but that's another argument!)

I also feel it's wrong in principle to charge someone for the possibility to buy something. IF there is a necessity to be in the scheme to attend the game (which there shouldn't be) then people could join once tickets were secured (eg similar to a booking fee, if required). There will be 8,000 members after 2,000 tickets (VERY conserative estimate), leaving 6,000 without tickets and earning the club £60,000 while the fans get nothing.

Supposing we win, and pull out a smaller club away where 1,000 tickets are available. NO white members will be able to buy one, so that's another £20 to upgrade above ticket price, still with no tickets guaranteed. Doesn't seem right to me...

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I shall be going even if it is among the home fans (prefer not but that ticket already secured) did that before at Hereford so know what it is like.

I have it on good authority that the club originally asked for 12,000 tickets and got turned down and all I get now are Villa fans moaning that they have been moved because we want the full allowed allowence of tickets.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The whole ticket office is a complete bloody shambles. My experience of trying to buy tickets over the last few weeks has been a nightmare.
- No one replies to emails.
- You have to hang on ages on the phone and then you get disconnected.
- I tried to user my kid free vouchers and nothing got sent to them.
- Again tried to use kids vouchers and got sent the wrong number of tickets.
- Ticket office extremely unhelpful.
- The on-line system for people that haven't used before especially more elderly fans is very difficult to use. My parents are season ticket holder but have no idea about there 'online' details.

It just makes me so angry that these things have not been sorted over the years, we are just turning away support as our home game attendances prove. My kids are now being taken by a friend to Fulham home games where the club does everything it can to attract support both old and young, it knows how to treat its supporters !!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Supposing we win, and pull out a smaller club away where 1,000 tickets are available. NO white members will be able to buy one, so that's another £20 to upgrade above ticket price, still with no tickets guaranteed. Doesn't seem right to me...

Nope, I think you have to pay the full £30 :p

Why do so many people think the club are going to spend a fortune organising an away membership scheme when they generally do not make any money from away ticket sales?! They've got plenty of other more important things to spend money on at the moment.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

If we pull a 'smaller club' away, then we won't be taking 6000 people will we? Will probably be a few hundreds, just like the earlier 'smaller club' away games.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Nope, I think you have to pay the full £30 :p

Why do so many people think the club are going to spend a fortune organising an away membership scheme when they generally do not make any money from away ticket sales?! They've got plenty of other more important things to spend money on at the moment.

tbh, I don't think they'll be many, if any smaller clubs in the next round. Mostly Prem and Champ. teams

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The whole ticket office is a complete bloody shambles. My experience of trying to buy tickets over the last few weeks has been a nightmare.
- No one replies to emails.
- You have to hang on ages on the phone and then you get disconnected.
- I tried to user my kid free vouchers and nothing got sent to them.
- Again tried to use kids vouchers and got sent the wrong number of tickets.
- Ticket office extremely unhelpful.
- The on-line system for people that haven't used before especially more elderly fans is very difficult to use. My parents are season ticket holder but have no idea about there 'online' details.

It just makes me so angry that these things have not been sorted over the years, we are just turning away support as our home game attendances prove. My kids are now being taken by a friend to Fulham home games where the club does everything it can to attract support both old and young, it knows how to treat its supporters !!

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/avfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=5192

An online ticketing system that actually lets you buy tickets!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Personally I have found the new online system works well whenever I have used it. Admittedly I have a ticket for the Villa game. However, I did miss out on Tottenham tickets despite being a season ticket holder and regular at away games. We just went in the home end instead, which people will be able to do this time too. I would think the game is very unlikely to sell out.

Whatever ticket allocation you have for over subscribed games, some people are going to miss out and moan about it. Lets be honest if the people who are moaning on here had a ticket they would not be moaning about it on other people's behalf (the problem they have is they might not get a ticket in the Brighton end).

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
My opposition to the scheme isn't because I haven't joined. I think the club is misguided as to why people go to games. This scheme stops families sitting together if some are STH and others not. If a group of 8 people with various 'membership' want to go, they can't.

Yes, they can. They just have to wait until all their memberships entitle them to tickets. As they should do. It would be unfair for a group of 8 to all get STH priority if only one of them was.

I also feel it's wrong in principle to charge someone for the possibility to buy something. IF there is a necessity to be in the scheme to attend the game (which there shouldn't be) then people could join once tickets were secured (eg similar to a booking fee, if required). There will be 8,000 members after 2,000 tickets (VERY conserative estimate), leaving 6,000 without tickets and earning the club £60,000 while the fans get nothing.

don't join the system. you buy it based on the understanding that it MIGHT be needed. you wouldn't take a smoke alarm back just because you didn't have a fire.

jesus. suppose we draw a team with an away end that only houses 2 people, and the local idiot knows someone who works the ticket desk. deal with it.

p.s. i'm a white member, in prayer on wednesday morning.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Just been in club shop and ordered mine.

They think tere will be enough to go round to anyone that wants one!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
278 posts and that's with tickets still available.

I reckon we're on for a Tottenham-esque MAHOOSIVE binfest next week. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Michael1979

Jan 6, 2010
As of yesterday afternoon, there had been ALMOST 4000 sold. That leaves around 2400 still available.

They will still be on sale tomorrow, and probably the day after.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
My mate has phoned the ticket office and now they are saying there should be tickets for anyone who wants one!

The best advice is to stay off NSC and stop panicking!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here