4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
villa's last home gate in the fa cup was 25,453.

this was against premier league opposition, and is likely to have been included in their season ticket.

their ground holds 42,640. so, in the last game there were 17,187 empty seats.

SURELY we'll get a larger allocation.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Cant you see BHA have done a great job here. All STH who want one will get one. If you want to join priority membership so can you - even at this late stage.

I don't feel BHA have done a 'great job'. All STH could have had tickets without splitting everyone else into blue/white/junior/non-member. The club knows who they are. It isn't an issue with priority - I simply don't think it's right to charge people for a potential spot in a queue with no guarantee of anything.

If I am correct, you aint even a white member....

Correct. I have in the past been a STH and AMS member.

You call yourself a supporter - I dont think so..... Maybe some praise for the club your support would be a start - I fully understand not everyone is in a position to stump up more money.

Interesting one. What counts as a 'supporter' in your mind? How would you distribute tickets? Who are you to decide who 'deserves' a ticket or not? I'm not going to get into the 'I'm a better fan than you' thing - it's irrelevent. You're more than welcome to think you 'deserve' a product more than me because you pay more regularly than I do, or you buy the shirt every year. Or because you called your cal 'Albion'. None of it matters. As has been said further up it's a business. I simply don't think it is. Next you'll be telling me you go to games to actually watch the football.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
villa's last home gate in the fa cup was 25,453.

this was against premier league opposition, and is likely to have been included in their season ticket.

their ground holds 42,640. so, in the last game there were 17,187 empty seats.

SURELY we'll get a larger allocation.

Against Premiership opposition.

Who they have in the Carling Cup Semi-Final.

AND tickets cost £25.

AND Blackburn brought 700 fans.

Any club who can get 25,000 for that game, have done damn well.

The game against us is a completely different kettle of fish. We are struggling 2 divisions below, so Villa fans will obviously expect a comfortable win. We are new opposition to them this year, which may make it more attractive than say Blackburn who they have to play FIVE times this season. Tickets are £10 (I don't care who the opposition is, £10 to watch a football match in a stadium like Villa Park is dirt cheap). And to top it all off, we will take 6,000 fans, which will considerably boost the attendance.

I don't feel BHA have done a 'great job'. All STH could have had tickets without splitting everyone else into blue/white/junior/non-member. The club knows who they are. It isn't an issue with priority - I simply don't think it's right to charge people for a potential spot in a queue with no guarantee of anything.

The white membership is as much to provide an audit trail (so the club can prove who they have sold tickets to, if there's any 'strife') as anything else I suspect. But while it's there it allows people to buy (and yes it is buying) the ability to purchase away tickets in advance. I'm afraid you are living in a bygone age if you think that it's wrong to charge people for a 'permit'. Ultimately the club are attempting to ensure that the consumers that they most care about, which is those that spend the most, have the greatest chance of getting tickets.

Yoda

English & European
I agree - being any kind of member does not make anyone a bigger fan. But ultimately they contribute more to the club (in financial terms) than other, and what it does make them is more entitled to a ticket for the big away matches. Which is what the system manages to the best of its abilities.

Yeah! Have conributed more for that one season.

Wouldn't surprise me, on an average of the last ten years that a current Gold/Blue member has spent just as much on this football club as I have, and I'm now stuck on white as couldn't afford to keep my season ticket a few years back. Why should 'loyalty' count for just ONE season?

Yeah! Have conributed more for that one season.

Wouldn't surprise me, on an average of the last ten years that a current Gold/Blue member has spent just as much on this football club as I have, and I'm now stuck on white as couldn't afford to keep my season ticket a few years back. Why should 'loyalty' count for just ONE season?

I appreciate you may feel hard done by, but ultimately under the current system you would have had preference for those seasons that you were a season ticket. Of course the club is going to value those that have contributed more recently higher than those that have contributed in the past. I really don't understand what you think the club should do about it? :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anything think there are likely to be QUEUES at the shop tomorrow morning ?

Yoda

English & European
I appreciate you may feel hard done by, but ultimately under the current system you would have had preference for those seasons that you were a season ticket. Of course the club is going to value those that have contributed more recently higher than those that have contributed in the past. I really don't understand what you think the club should do about it? :shrug:

But that's just it, I didn't and missed out on a BIG game. *Forgot to add: But I didn't moan about it to the club like some have recently, just accepted it.*

As Bozza has said. The club has had a computer system in place that could deal with the loyalty points scheme. All people need to do on pay on the day games, is keep hold of their stub. Would be a problem for me as I tend to buy in advance.

Last edited:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The white membership is as much to provide an audit trail (so the club can prove who they have sold tickets to, if there's any 'strife') as anything else I suspect. But while it's there it allows people to buy (and yes it is buying) the ability to purchase away tickets in advance. I'm afraid you are living in a bygone age if you think that it's wrong to charge people for a 'permit'. Ultimately the club are attempting to ensure that the consumers that they most care about, which is those that spend the most, have the greatest chance of getting tickets.

The 'audit trail' doesn't work if you allow people to buy tickets for 'friends and family'. Anyway, how does it work any better than online payment does? People pay with their card and tickets are sent to the billing address. The club KNOWS who has paid for which tickets already. And since when did those wanting to 'cause trouble' buy tickets for the game anyway?

If it is a bygone age I aspire to then look forward to entrance fees for ALL shops.

The club DON'T care about their customers - if I wanted (as others HAVE done) I could buy a blue membership having not been to a game for a couple of years. Those with white membership that go every week miss out. At the end of the day £10 from me is worth the same as £10 from you, or anyone else. That's what the club care about - business. If they can get £40 from you for something that's worth £10 then good luck to them, but it doesn't show any sort of care for you!

But that's just it, I didn't and missed out on a BIG game.

As Bozza has said. The club has had a computer system in place that could deal with the loyalty points scheme. All people need to do on pay on the day games, is keep hold of their stub. Would be a problem for me as I tend to buy in advance.

So you are complaining because they've improved the system and you've missed out? As I said I appreciate that you are hard done by but your experience was a casualty of the old system; the new system is a massive step forward from that.

The idea of collecting stubs and having ticket office staff check them all is a complete non-starter as it would be a logistical NIGHTMARE.

Anything think there are likely to be QUEUES at the shop tomorrow morning ?

Why ?
Is there a 2 for 1 offer on bobble hats ? Will Teddy Maybank be signing copies of his autobiography 'Maybank Holiday Riots' ? Is the legendary lovely Scottish man standing in the window in a kilt in front of a block of ice and an industrial fan playing spot the blue member ?
Well ? Answer me, for god sake.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why ?
Is there a 2 for 1 offer on bobble hats ? Will Teddy Maybank be signing copies of his autobiography 'Maybank Holiday Riots' ? Is the legendary lovely Scottish man standing in the window in a kilt in front of a block of ice and an industrial fan playing spot the blue member ?

Some new-fangled, revolutionary invention - 'forks' I think they're called - are going on sale tomorrow.

Yoda

English & European
So you are complaining because they've improved the system and you've missed out? As I said I appreciate that you are hard done by but your experience was a casualty of the old system; the new system is a massive step forward from that.

The idea of collecting stubs and having ticket office staff check them all is a complete non-starter as it would be a logistical NIGHTMARE.

Just edited to previous post -->*Forgot to add: But I didn't moan about it to the club like some have recently, just accepted it.*

Never had a problem with it when it was first come first served, those that wanted it more got their arses in gear faster.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why ?

angry_mob.png

"What do we want ?"
"JUSTICE FOR WHITES"
"When do we want it ?"
"NOW"

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Correct. I have in the past been a STH and AMS member.

If you were on the AMS you could have transferred to the White scheme without having to pay a penny (within a certain time-frame, long expired), how comes you didn't?

???

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't see a problem.

As has been said before on here - go in the home end. I started out trying to get tickets - and sent off my white forms - but now we are treating it as a family day out - and there will be around 10 of us sitting with the Villa fans. Buying through the Albion I could only have got three tickets.

And of course in time Bloom will sort out what needs sorting out. But there does not look to be a problem here.

Next round however ...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports