Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
yeah, we dont want no whimps aboard the aston express... if they start we give it to em LARGE!!!!!:catfight::catfight::catfight::guns::guns::guns:

That’s what I like to see, positive responses. Doubt they’ll even travel by train and if they do travel it’ll be on the club coaches to avoid the masses of the Blue White Army:laugh:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
But at least you know the tickets have gone to the correct people.... JJB never had a prob with, was shockd with the ease got brum tickets with

I s'pose so, yeah. But I don't agree with how they dish out 'loyalty points' at all..

Man Utd Away - 1 point.
Wolves at Home - 5 points.

:facepalm:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Surely everyone who is a Gold/Blue member will have applied for their tickets by now, so we shouldn't see many more sold tomorrow (Tuesday)? Therefore there should between 1500-2000 still available come Wednesday 9am. Or am I being naive?

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Its not like the club have sprung this system on us overnight though is it. If you want to make sure you've got the best chance for your kids to get a ticket when a massive game like this comes along, then you've got to sort out a membership for them. Its no use bleating about losing them to being a plastic, we all know the hoops that have to be jumped through if and when a big game comes along. I can't see how the club can be much fairer to be honest. You've got an option to get priority for a tenner - if you've not taken them up on it, then thats not the fault of the club. Presumably as you are a STH, your boy doesn't go to games at Withdean ?

Well, thats the system, it has been for a few seasons, and anyone who follows the club must be aware of it, especially someone who goes to all the games. First come first served does not necessarily reward most. It rewards those who are quickest off the mark when the big games come round, not necessarily those who have jumped through the hoops and joined the membership scheme.

There is no perfect solution, binfests inevitably ensue every single time. But I really can't see what else the club can do to make it any fairer.

Yes my boy goes to about 10 games per season Home and Away (he is only 7) - I often swap my season ticket for one in the family stand and take him in there. I think taking the kids is how we maintain future support.

Yes it is the system but this is the first time that it has been important. I doubt very many blue members signed up at the start of the season - after all blue membership is only an advantage for games like this. Ultimately it means that people that have never bought a ticket can get priority.

The ticket office have a record of every ticket I have bought - including those for the family stand.

As a suggestion a points scheme would be fairer.

10 Points for a season ticket
5 points for 5+ home tickets
5 Points for 5+ away tickets
1 point per cup ticket e.t.c
(The points could be debated this was just off the top of my head)

Do not want to start the dabate who is the better fan but a good points sytem would stop all arguments.
i.e. don't go to watch albion - no points, end of the line sonny.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bloody good to see we can still get people to go to away games in numbers,at least the atmosphere at warsaw on saturday will be electric with our 3,200 fans roaring us on :rolleyes:

i really think thats crap,there will still be around 2000 on wednesday and most who get online/go shop at 9 will get tickets! the impression i got in shop earlier was we will prob sell out by thursday...because thats what he said!

I pretty new to this board, but can assure you I will not write crap.

I was good enough to share my buying experience with you and in doing so passed on the comments from the staff I spoke to.

At 4pm yesterday there were 'well over' 4000 sold and many like me were upgrading from white to Blue to ensure they get their tickets before the 9am Wednesday scrum

In answering another post. You cannot upgrade and buy over the phone. Upgrade over the phone then buy online - reason was they dont have the actual tix where I was calling.

All smooth and I have my ticket.

Whether you agree or not, paying £30 (£15 for kids) today will ensure you are successful.

If not you will be going into the hat with all the old whites, and god knows how many new whites as well as all the golds and blue who choose to wait to sit with family/friends.

Any almost ceertainly fighting for less than 1000 tix.

If Insider's earlier figures of membership numbers are accurate (approx 4,500 Gold; approx 500 Blue; approx 2,500 White; approx 8,500 Young Seagulls), it would seem that pretty much every season ticket holder wants a ticket (bearing in mind those who will be ordering late because they want to sit with a White member).

This means that Wednesday's pool of 11,000 White members and Young Seagulls will be chasing about 2,000 tickets.

Presumably there will have to be some sort of lottery. It's not looking good. Calling in at the shop today and upgrading to Blue membership seems to be the best option.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Why won't the club do the honest thing and simply put ALL the tickets on eBay and sell to the highest bidder? Suddenly £10 tickets become £20, then £40...and that's before travel, etc.

If they want to make as much money as possible, just say so - don't put fan against fan based on 'loyalty', or their perceived system of what loyalty is.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why won't the club do the honest thing and simply put ALL the tickets on eBay and sell to the highest bidder? Suddenly £10 tickets become £20, then £40...and that's before travel, etc.

If they want to make as much money as possible, just say so - don't put fan against fan based on 'loyalty', or their perceived system of what loyalty is.

I don't understand what is NOT fair about this? STH's no one can argue with, I become a blue member after giving up my season ticket [last season + change of job / other people I go with circumstances] EXACTLY for games like this? People who are white members know the deal and however many games they go to, they should know by now they are the 3rd tier in the system.

If Insider's earlier figures of membership numbers are accurate (approx 4,500 Gold; approx 500 Blue; approx 2,500 White; approx 8,500 Young Seagulls), it would seem that pretty much every season ticket holder wants a ticket (bearing in mind those who will be ordering late because they want to sit with a White member).

This means that Wednesday's pool of 11,000 White members and Young Seagulls will be chasing about 2,000 tickets.

Presumably there will have to be some sort of lottery. It's not looking good. Calling in at the shop today and upgrading to Blue membership seems to be the best option.

I am sure when he wrote this they 'were' correct, but since then, how many have upgraded to blue.

At 4pm yesterday, nice scottish bloke in shop said well over 4000 were sold (this was when I upgraded to blue)

I think there will be 500-1000 left for the scrum tomorrow, with scrum over by 11am

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
You seriously believe that this is the best way to treat fans? The best business policy for encouraging customers? "Give us £30 a year and you MIGHT be able to purchase a ticket". Can't afford it - you aren't 'loyal' enough!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

It's illegal. They couldn't even if they wanted to.

erm, actually its not might..... Pay £30 and you 100% will get the ticket - also the benfits of enhanced membership and the DVD's

Yeah, I would have rather not have paid, but I got ultra cheap train tix (£42 for 2 of us) and the tix were ultra cheap, so in, all with upgrade from white to blue have spent a smidgen over £100 for 2 tix, 2 trains and enchanced membership. FFS 2 tix to withdean are nearly £50......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You seriously believe that this is the best way to treat fans? The best business policy for encouraging customers? "Give us £30 a year and you MIGHT be able to purchase a ticket". Can't afford it - you aren't 'loyal' enough!

We do not need a loyalty system based on games attended, do we actually have any other League 1 clubs that do this? Premiership clubs only do it because they have alot more games oversubscribed, we have what, 1 or 2 a season at MOST?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
We do not need a loyalty system based on games attended, do we actually have any other League 1 clubs that do this? Premiership clubs only do it because they have alot more games oversubscribed, we have what, 1 or 2 a season at MOST?

The point is though that IF you have a 'loyalty' scheme IT SHOULD ONLY BE BASED ON GAMES ATTENDED!!! How does having £30 spare show loyalty to the club?

And, as you say, we have 1-2 games EVERY year where this scheme would be 'necessary' for ticket allocation. Why does the club not have that in place? Half-arsed Brighton as per usual... and then people are surprised that people don't want to go to Withdean/Torquay on a Tuesday night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The point is though that IF you have a 'loyalty' scheme IT SHOULD ONLY BE BASED ON GAMES ATTENDED!!! How does having £30 spare show loyalty to the club?

And, as you say, we have 1-2 games EVERY year where this scheme would be 'necessary' for ticket allocation. Why does the club not have that in place? Half-arsed Brighton as per usual... and then people are surprised that people don't want to go to Withdean/Torquay on a Tuesday night.

Because adding up a loyalty scheme adds on alot of admin and overhead onto what we already have, which would need MORE money, so would you be happy to pay some money to become part of this loyalty scheme?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here