4,000 Villa tickets sold so far

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is there to say a white member has not been to a game all season ? while the 'kiddy' has been to quite a few including away games. Kids would be going with parents who like me are STH - it is games like this that could dter them from being plastic Man U supporters.

Its not like the club have sprung this system on us overnight though is it. If you want to make sure you've got the best chance for your kids to get a ticket when a massive game like this comes along, then you've got to sort out a membership for them. Its no use bleating about losing them to being a plastic, we all know the hoops that have to be jumped through if and when a big game comes along. I can't see how the club can be much fairer to be honest. You've got an option to get priority for a tenner - if you've not taken them up on it, then thats not the fault of the club. Presumably as you are a STH, your boy doesn't go to games at Withdean ?

What has the Membership system got to do with loyalty? Go to all the games and miss out. Spend £10 and get a ticket. Spend £30 and get a ticket sooner. Great 'Loyalty' scheme...

First-come, first-served rewards most. If you care enough, get on the phone or online at 9am when things go on sale.

Well, thats the system, it has been for a few seasons, and anyone who follows the club must be aware of it, especially someone who goes to all the games. First come first served does not necessarily reward most. It rewards those who are quickest off the mark when the big games come round, not necessarily those who have jumped through the hoops and joined the membership scheme.

There is no perfect solution, binfests inevitably ensue every single time. But I really can't see what else the club can do to make it any fairer.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Its not difficult to set up a loyalty scheme, the club jsut seem not want to do it, I guess it means they can make more money by doing it this way

Everyone has known the rules for 2 seasons, No point complaining now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Everyone has known the rules for 2 seasons, No point complaining now.

Im not complaining, If I get a ticket fair enough.. If not ill go and watch Spurs... Going to Brum vs spurs the week after not sure I fancy two trips to Birmingham in a week anyway!

Im simply pointing out the club seem not to really care about loyal fans when it comes to making a quick buck.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Its not like the club have sprung this system on us overnight though is it. If you want to make sure you've got the best chance for your kids to get a ticket when a massive game like this comes along, then you've got to sort out a membership for them. Its no use bleating about losing them to being a plastic, we all know the hoops that have to be jumped through if and when a big game comes along. I can't see how the club can be much fairer to be honest. You've got an option to get priority for a tenner - if you've not taken them up on it, then thats not the fault of the club. Presumably as you are a STH, your boy doesn't go to games at Withdean ?

Well, thats the system, it has been for a few seasons, and anyone who follows the club must be aware of it, especially someone who goes to all the games. First come first served does not necessarily reward most. It rewards those who are quickest off the mark when the big games come round, not necessarily those who have jumped through the hoops and joined the membership scheme.

There is no perfect solution, binfests inevitably ensure every single time. But I really can't see what else the club can do to make it any fairer.

Easy, I think we said the same thing but you make me feel verbally challenged.:down:

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
is palaces game still 3pm k.o.? if it is the train journey could be a bit hairy!!

Don't be so silly. It's time you became a man and stood up for yourself. Be brave, we're all in it togeather and our thoughts will be united on the day, what ever happens to you we'll be thinking of you :thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Im not complaining, If I get a ticket fair enough.. If not ill go and watch Spurs... Going to Brum vs spurs the week after not sure I fancy two trips to Birmingham in a week anyway!

Im simply pointing out the club seem not to really care about loyal fans when it comes to making a quick buck.

Sorry, wasn't aimed at you particularly, just a general comment

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
is palaces game still 3pm k.o.? if it is the train journey could be a bit hairy!!

Not really - the earliest train Brighton fans can get back would be the 18:10, most Palace fans would have passed Birmingham by then. :thumbsup:

Same - that's the reason I chose not go go - I wouldn't have got a ticket anyway, so..

But it would have been Walsall, Villa & Birmingham in 3 consecutive weeks.:wozza:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not really - the earliest train Brighton fans can get back would be the 18:10, most Palace fans would have passed Birmingham by then. :thumbsup:

Same - that's the reason I chose not go go - I wouldn't have got a ticket anyway, so..

But it would have been Walsall, Villa & Birmingham in 3 consecutive weeks.:wozza:

I think the way spurs do it is pretty spot on....

Season tickets plus
Get tickets

Then season ticket holders can apply

Then Bronze

Then gen sale if any left

If there are more takers than tickets its done on loyalty points picked up from going to games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No worries, it just annoys me that the club make it out to be something impossible to do when its not....

What else are they supposed to do then, for a game like this that might come up every 2-3 years ? They've prioritised STH's first, and there are then two further optional tiered membership schemes to gain priority for tickets when demand might outstrip supply. Its then left up to the fans to sort out what scale of membership they want.

Whats so unfair about that ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What else are they supposed to do then, for a game like this that might come up every 2-3 years ? They've prioritised STH's first, and there are then two further optional tiered membership schemes to gain priority for tickets when demand might outstrip supply. Its then left up to the fans to sort out what scale of membership they want.

Whats so unfair about that ?

That you can still sign up for the memberships today?
That you can go to every single away game and lose out to someone like me that has been to 3 in 2 years?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Yay!

Obv ticket office now closed, but it took 2 mins to upgrade both me and lad over the phone and then we logged on and bought.

you have until 5pm tomorrow to get upgraded and avoid the hassle wednesday morning.

I honestly got the impression there might not even be more than a handful of tickets (if any) left for Wednesday - hence the no brianer to go blue before.

Can you not upgrade from white to blue and buy tickets all whilst on the phone? You have to go online to buy the actual tickets?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That you can go to every single away game and lose out to someone like me that has been to 3 in 2 years?

True. Those joining the membership schemes now and (presumably) getting exactly the same chance of a ticket as someone who's been an away member for years is a bit wonky, I have to agree with that.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I think the way spurs do it is pretty spot on....

Season tickets plus
Get tickets

Then season ticket holders can apply

Then Bronze

Then gen sale if any left

If there are more takers than tickets its done on loyalty points picked up from going to games.

Yeah I think they've got it spot on too. Only thing I'd like to see brought in, is if they gave 15%/25% of every allocation to Members, if they game doesn't go to Members..

I.E Portsmouth Away this season, didn't even go to members, last season everyone got a ticket...I luckily managed to get a ticket in the home end, and jib in the away end this season, but that's only because their ground is like a tin shack.

I think a fairer system would have been to give Members say 500 of those 3200 tickets....it'll never change though.

4200 for Brum. :smokin:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
True. Those joining the membership schemes now and (presumably) getting exactly the same chance of a ticket as someone who's been an away member for years is a bit wonky, I have to agree with that.

A simple point system would see the end of that.

Using spurs as an example again

For lesser games - Leeds in the cup you get 5 points
The Sunderlands and Boltons of the world 3
Arsenal, Utd etc 1

Away works in the same sort of way but are slightly more Generous Liverpool for example would be 3 points

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah I think they've got it spot on too. Only thing I'd like to see brought in, is if they gave 15%/25% of every allocation to Members, if they game doesn't go to Members..

I.E Portsmouth Away this season, didn't even go to members, last season everyone got a ticket...I luckily managed to get a ticket in the home end, and jib in the away end this season, but that's only because their ground is like a tin shack.

I think a fairer system would have been to give Members say 500 of those 3200 tickets....it'll never change though.

4200 for Brum. :smokin:

But at least you know the tickets have gone to the correct people.... JJB never had a prob with, was shockd with the ease got brum tickets with

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Don't be so silly. It's time you became a man and stood up for yourself. Be brave, we're all in it togeather and our thoughts will be united on the day, what ever happens to you we'll be thinking of you :thumbsup:

yeah, we dont want no whimps aboard the aston express... if they start we give it to em LARGE!!!!!:catfight::catfight::catfight::guns::guns::guns:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

But if those who go to lots of games upgraded to blue members, then they would get priority too. There are still seats available at the moment and Blue member applications are open, therefore by having a blue membership they didn't have to miss out. Its therefore up to those fans to choose if they wanted to upgrade or not, or risk missing out.

You can go to alot of away games but not have any proof that you attended as not all away games give stubs if its pay on the gate, how do they show they deserve priority?.

What if they may go to alot of games most seasons, but not during the season where a big game occurs - should they miss out, or how long should there previous attendances be valid for when deciding who gets prioty (may have gone to lots of games in the past but not the last couple of seasons for whatever reason) - The questions that throws up are endless and whatever way they decide upon, deserving fans may still miss out, you cant please everyone all of the time etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports