Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Test: West Indies v England at Bridgetown, May 1-5, 2015

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Broad the brat is playing his way out of the team.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Cook just goes through the motions. He doesn't know how to change the game.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cook just goes through the motions. He doesn't know how to change the game.

He has no options though does he? Bring on Broad and Anderson is his only option. Jordan has not been good enough all series. Ali and Root are just part timers, and Stokes just does not seem to have it either. What alarms me most is that they do not see that the team needs changing, and some variety added to the bowling attack. Why bring Rashid, Wood, Lyth and Plunkett if they are not going to get a game? This side has been jobs for the boys for the best part of a decade, what do you have to do to get dropped if you are part of the inner circle?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has no options though does he? Bring on Broad and Anderson is his only option. Jordan has not been good enough all series. Ali and Root are just part timers, and Stokes just does not seem to have it either. What alarms me most is that they do not see that the team needs changing, and some variety added to the bowling attack. Why bring Rashid, Wood, Lyth and Plunkett if they are not going to get a game? This side has been jobs for the boys for the best part of a decade, what do you have to do to get dropped if you are part of the inner circle?
I agree he has little options but we have only looked like causing any problems with Root one end. At the moment we are doing f@@k all.

Broad annoys the shite out of me.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I would favour the Windies to make 200 to win. They have the balls to lift it over the infield and go for it, plus they have the Grinder, Chanderapul to hold up one end.

Good call, Veg.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bring back Peterson, are only hope of giving the Aussies a game this summer. And Peter Moores should be replaced asap.

What improvements has he made ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bring back Peterson, are only hope of giving the Aussies a game this summer.

That's just nonsense. Firstly, he's done nothing to persuade any selector that he should come back and secondly, our middle order is the part of the team that's functioning well - Ballance, Bell and Root have had a decent series and Ali took wickets last test and scored runs in this one. Our problems are at opener and a lack of bowling options.

What we need to do is stop picking batsmen who can bowl a bit and bowlers who can bat a bit. Are we really saying that Jordan is one of the best three or four bowlers in the country? He's a decent county bowler and a whole hearted trier but he's not going to run through a test team. I'm not wholly convinced by Stokes either.

I'm also worried by Moores' statement that they didn't pick a spinner as they didn't know the pitch would turn so much. That looks like terrible planning to me.

And if heads are going to roll, top of the list should be the selectors who decided that Trott was a good call as opener - a truly, truly awful decision

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When are we going to pick 2 fast bowlers to bowl in tandem to keep the pressure on and put fear in the opposition batsmen as has happened in the past for us and most Test countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here