Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Test South Africa v England

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's not the modern way, but I think they will enforce the follow-on.

The bowlers had a light day yesterday, weather looks a bit iffy.... and the newish ball is talking this morning.

Spot on

Not had an extended period in the field and with the weather forecast the choice was simple.

Had the weather forecast been no rain for the next two days I’m sure we would have batted again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rains stops play, hopefully a short delay

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
8:33
How's stat?!

Andy Zaltzman
Test Match Special statistician on The Cricket Social
The last four wickets went in 23 balls for one run. The last time England took the last four wickets for one or no runs was the new year's Test against Australia in 1999, when Darren Gough took a hat-trick.

Blimey - over two decades since England had previously polished off a tail for one run or fewer :eek: :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
12.1 Wood to Zubayr Hamza, OUT, strangled down the leg side! 90mph/145kph, innocuous length ball, but he gets a little feather on it trying to steer it down to long leg and Buttler does the rest!

Hamza's struggles continue... is that the last time we'll see him in this series? :clap2:

Zubayr Hamza c †Buttler b Wood 2 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 16.66

SA 22-2

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is now looking liukely that they will avoid the follow oin and thus force the game to a draw.

I think the England management must have printed out your comment and stuck it to the dressing room wall!

Keep 'em coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here