Cook gone.

Cook lbw b Pradeep 85

164/5

Bit of bugger right before tea

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
27 from the previous 10 overs to that wicket. Cook LHB, Bairstow RHB, partnership well set but they ran very few singles in that period. A few well struck boundaries, but at this level you've got to make it difficult for the bowling, and they just seemed to allow the pressure to build.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
New ball taken and, boy, do Sri Lanka need a wicket in these last 10 overs!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
5 overs to go, Bairstow 11 runs away from a ton. Will his desire to reach three figures before the close be his undoing?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great stat from Cricinfo - Bairstow is the first England wicketkeeper to bag more than one ton in the same series since Les Ames did it in 1930 - 86 years!

I'm surprised Stewart or Prior never managed this.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great stat from Cricinfo - Bairstow is the first England wicketkeeper to bag more than one ton in the same series since Les Ames did it in 1930 - 86 years!

Great stat. I too am surprised.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm going to question that, as I distinctly remember Alec Stewart- famously- scoring two hundreds in the same match, against the West Indies in Barbados.

Perhaps they meant in successive matches. Or did Jack Russell keep wicket in that game??

Edit: I'll pipe down. According to Wikipedia, Russell did indeed play in that one.

Anyway. I just love Jonny Bairstow. He plays with such emotion. It's great to watch.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm going to question that, as I distinctly remember Alec Stewart- famously- scoring two hundreds in the same match, against the West Indies in Barbados.

Perhaps they meant in successive matches. Or did Jack Russell keep wicket in that game??

Edit: I'll pipe down. According to Wikipedia, Russell did indeed play in that one.

Anyway. I just love Jonny Bairstow. He plays with such emotion. It's great to watch.
Jonny Bairstow, short, ginger and from Yorkshire. Do you think he might have a bit of a temper?

:D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Very surprised by that. Although I wouldn't question CricInfo. Stewart has scored more than one century in a series before (in the same match at Bridgetown in 1994) but he often was playing as a batsman. Prior did score three Test centuries in 2011- but they were all in different series.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

Women! Know your limits!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here