[Cricket] 3rd Investec Test: England v Pakistan at Edgbaston, Aug 3-7, 2016

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I do not go to matches now due to the make up of the fixtures. Too many limited over games to bring in money which I understand. My idea of cricket is and always was teams that had players who could build an innings geared to progeessing to test cricket. I enjoyed watching the likes of Trevor Bailey and Geoff Boycott batting.

Geoffrey, you're meant to be commentating on TMS not buggering about on a football message board.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
OMG

Drop at 2nd slip, between Root and Cook, Root went for it, both hands... and shelled it :nono:

Life for Azhar Ali on 38. Fine double teapot from Jimmy!

73-1

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Azhar Ali 52* (129 balls, 6 fours) :clap2:

Impressive innings under a lot of pressure.

Pakistan 98-1 (40.2 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
103 partnership for Azhar Ali 52* and Sami Aslam 40* :clap2:

Came up with a rather shambolic four buzzers as Bairstow failed to gather the throw. (Banger wouldn't have let that one through!)

Pakistan 103-1 (40.4 overs)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fvcking Hales! But for him Cook and Trescothick would've put on 400 for the first wicket by now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is going nowhere. Slowly. Pakistan doing a very good job of draining the England bowlers trundling along at under 2.5 an over. England need something to click here.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is going nowhere. Slowly. Pakistan doing a very good job of draining the England bowlers trundling along at under 2.5 an over. England need something to click here.

Given the theme of cricketers with injuries that mean they have retired from international cricket.

Why didn't we pick Swann?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sami Aslam 51* (135 balls, 5 fours) :clap2:

Impressive performance in his 4th test... brought in when the opening partnership was under real pressure, and hist 1st Test match fifty.

Pakistan 121-1 (47.3 overs)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Wouldn't happen if Ryan Sidebottom was playing...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Another one hits the dust :nono:

Moeen Ali off his own bowling... Azhar Ali (on 69) driven back hard and high, but tipped over the bar :nono:

144-1 (52 overs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports