Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd class service in WSU

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Seeing the throng of people waiting to be served on the WSU concourse reminds me of those old pics of 3rd class train carriages packed with passengers coming down to Brighton for the day out. Its appalling. Something has got to be done to have extra refreshment outlets. Would it not be possible to have mobile tea/coffee sellers at the top /bottom of the seating areas. I understand the crowds are three times what they were at Withdean but you still should be able to get a tea/coffee at half time. Don't know what the rules are regarding bringing flasks in.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I took a flask for most games last season and didn't have a problem when searched

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I sit in WSU and see plenty of people with flasks in the winter.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Seeing the throng of people waiting to be served on the WSU concourse reminds me of those old pics of 3rd class train carriages packed with passengers coming down to Brighton for the day out. Its appalling. Something has got to be done to have extra refreshment outlets. Would it not be possible to have mobile tea/coffee sellers at the top /bottom of the seating areas. I understand the crowds are three times what they were at Withdean but you still should be able to get a tea/coffee at half time. Don't know what the rules are regarding bringing flasks in.

Ffs...any thoughts on the football?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
And to think, the people that leave a few minutes before half time get an earful when actually, they are helping keep the queues down for everyone else.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
The more outlets that are opened up, the more people must be employed to man them. That will push costs up, which will push prices up. And then you'll be straight on here calling for Barber to be sacked.

I'm in WSU and have never had any complaints about the speed of service. Of course you have to queue, what do you expect with that many people to be served?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

perhaps they could stagger the breaks - have one every ten minutes or so and one block at a time allowed out to buy food etc. That way there will be no queues. Might disrupt the game a bit but much less inconvenience for diners in WSU than when there is just one half time break

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never had any problem in WSU pre-match, but must admit I've given up bothering at half time.

D

Deleted member 18477

1pm ish : Cup of tea before you leave with some lunch

5.30pm ish : Cup of tea upon arriving home followed shortly by Dinner

Sorted!

Midweek you say?

5.30pm : cup of tea before you leave with some kind of food. Sandwich or dinner.

10pm : cup of tea upon arriving home.

Sorted!

I personally don't drink hot drinks to 'warm me up'. I wear a coat.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The more outlets that are opened up, the more people must be employed to man them. That will push costs up, which will push prices up. And then you'll be straight on here calling for Barber to be sacked.

I'm in WSU and have never had any complaints about the speed of service. Of course you have to queue, what do you expect with that many people to be served?

Or to look at it another way:

The more outlets that are opened with more staff serving, the more customers get served, more goods are sold, more customers are satisfied, more profit is made.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I bring a flask of cocoa when it`s cold, much tastier than the watery shit they sell at the Amex

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

No, this week WAS a shambles in WSU..... the central(biggest).. kiosk was out of Harveys and pies by seven ten... not acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here