3pm Saturday, time for a ceasefire!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Ok, from the outset this isn’t bedwetting!

We have a marvellous stadium which is sold out each week, state of the art training facilities, commercial agreements with huge global brands, a new shirt agreement with Nike, award winning community led charitable arm. Yet the team, which is the basis of what fans (both Brighton and away) view a club on is lacking.

We understand the reasons why but while we see other clubs securing targets it is disappointing that this element for Brighton is not working as we want.

I’m frustrated but not angry and I think the majority of fans agree. We shouldn’t be chastised for airing this on this board and I haven’t wet the bed for a few years now! So there!

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
How you can jump to the most enormous of conclusions about people who admit to doing something you admit to doing.

Ok it's the summer holidays and i can tell you have already had a few late nights and things are confusing you.

When i have moaned and groaned about a stray pass or a penalty that's gone into orbit we have been a side sitting around the play offs playing football that gave the impression we wasn't far off been not just play off contenders but a team capable of automatic promotion.

My point is that many people feel we have sold the spine of the team and not replaced adequately. So regardless of the performance tomorrow we as fans need to unite and stand by the team and encourage them as much as possible.

You obviously like to stand out from the crowd dribbling in your own special way and love to have a moan, i guess your the type of person that would just walk past someone in the street if in need of help.

Some of our so called fans do amaze me with there fickle ways.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ok it's the summer holidays and i can tell you have already had a few late nights and things are confusing you.

When i have moaned and groaned about a stray pass or a penalty that's gone into orbit we have been a side sitting around the play offs playing football that gave the impression we wasn't far off been not just play off contenders but a team capable of automatic promotion.

My point is that many people feel we have sold the spine of the team and not replaced adequately. So regardless of the performance tomorrow we as fans need to unite and stand by the team and encourage them as much as possible.

You obviously like to stand out from the crowd dribbling in your own special way and love to have a moan, i guess your the type of person that would just walk past someone in the street if in need of help.

Some of our so called fans do amaze me with there fickle ways.

There you go jumping to conclusions again. Why don't you have a look at my site and the one I write regularly for? https://brightononlyathome.wordpress.com/ and http://www.standorfall1901.com/

You won't find much moaning there. In fact I'm pretty positive though pragmatic about the situation we find ourselves in. I never go to football for the express purpose of moaning. Spending over £40 a month to feel miserable is - well - a bit weird.

But if it's ok with you I will have a good old rant if the referee cocks it up tomorrow and costs us the game. If it's 0-0 with a minute to go and we put them through with a misplaced back pass I will probably sigh a little. I won't be alone.

You seem not to be able to grasp the difference between turning up with a premeditated desire to be miserable and reacting to things as they happen on a sports field. Especially when you care about the result.

You're also far too patronising for someone who's completely wrong. You need to take some urgent lessons from Simster, When he puts someone down it's generally because he's right.

If you get too fed up with it this season I know one place that will satisfy your desire for uniformed, unquestioning support.

north korea.jpg

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
There you go jumping to conclusions again. Why don't you have a look at my site and the one I write regularly for? https://brightononlyathome.wordpress.com/ and http://www.standorfall1901.com/

You won't find much moaning there. In fact I'm pretty positive though pragmatic about the situation we find ourselves in. I never go to football for the express purpose of moaning. Spending over £40 a month to feel miserable is - well - a bit weird.

But if it's ok with you I will have a good old rant if the referee cocks it up tomorrow and costs us the game. If it's 0-0 with a minute to go and we put them through with a misplaced back pass I will probably sigh a little. I won't be alone.

You seem not to be able to grasp the difference between turning up with a premeditated desire to be miserable and reacting to things as they happen on a sports field. Especially when you care about the result.

You're also far too patronising for someone who's completely wrong. You need to take some urgent lessons from Simster, When he puts someone down it's generally because he's right.

If you get too fed up with it this season I know one place that will satisfy your desire for uniformed, unquestioning support.

View attachment 57115

That just sums up your blinkered view.

If you read anything i said it was do not get on the players backs!

If the referee doesn't give a penalty that we feel we deserve getting on his back is supporting the team in there appeal.

You are a bloody moron looking for an excuse to moan without even reading my original post properly!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That just sums up your blinkered view.

If you read anything i said it was do not get on the players backs!

If the referee doesn't give a penalty that we feel we deserve getting on his back is supporting the team in there appeal.

You are a bloody moron looking for an excuse to moan without even reading my original post properly!

No you didn't. you said

If you want to moan :rant::facepalm::tantrum: about a misplaced pass, The poor decision by the ref or the goal kick that should have been a corner, i beg you STAY AT HOME.

Folks! At 3pm Saturday and the sound of Sussex by the Sea echoing around the Amex :amex: remember...............

Despite whatever feelings we fans have had during the long summer regarding the lack of investment in the squad we will still have 11 players on the pitch, 7 subs and a new manager who all need out support.

Its time to refill your glass with a cold beer (No glass half full etc) at the Amex :drink: and enjoy the 90 minutes of football, backing our team WHATEVER the score/performance. :clap:

The players and manager need to know Saturday we are with them through thick and thin.

Wednesday will be bringing 2000+ fans down and top respect to them, despite their trouble they will be backing their side 110%.

If you want to moan :rant::facepalm::tantrum: about a misplaced pass, The poor decision by the ref or the goal kick that should have been a corner, i beg you STAY AT HOME.

We need to be united as one, one club with one ambition and we must back our boys what ever the weather!

:ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf::bhasign::ascarf:

ARE YOU WITH ME????

Great words. Hope there is a ceasefire on the political threads too. I am certainly up for it!

Now let's all get behind our common love of BHA. Whether we win, draw or lose tomorrow - just remember where we were 5 years ago at Withdean & what we have now!

Looks as if the Score Predictor has plenty of legs in it this season. More than 200 scores predicted. Haven't done it before? Give it a go. No cost, no obligation, no prizes - just for fun!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-Sheffield-Wednesday-Score-Predictor-**/page5

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
No you didn't. you said

Let me ask you a question?

If in the 5 minute a cross field pass is intercepted by the opposition apart from the obvious groan are you going to sit there moaning about how cra* the player who played the cross field pass is or are you going to be cheering the team on?

That's my point! is it really that hard to understand?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think the original sentiment of the thread was to point out that come kick-off tomorrow "we" as a crowd have a big game on our hands and our "performance" might help, if of course you believe that a crowd reaction has any impact on a player or team in terms of confidence and performance..I personally do. Part of that is howling for every decision given against us, making the opposition goalkeeper nervous,distracted etc etc. Part of that is drowning out the opposition etc...
The Amex last season was not the fortress it had been in the previous two..maybe, just maybe, ONE small contributory reason might be the tension/angst that came from the crowd at times..our part can be about helping a player and the team when they need it most (eg Burnley 2 years ago), and when things are not going well for them.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I think the original sentiment of the thread was to point out that come kick-off tomorrow "we" as a crowd have a big game on our hands and our "performance" might help, if of course you believe that a crowd reaction has any impact on a player or team in terms of confidence and performance..I personally do. Part of that is howling for every decision given against us, making the opposition goalkeeper nervous,distracted etc etc. Part of that is drowning out the opposition etc...
The Amex last season was not the fortress it had been in the previous two..maybe, just maybe, ONE small contributory reason might be the tension/angst that came from the crowd at times..our part can be about helping a player and the team when they need it most (eg Burnley 2 years ago), and when things are not going well for them.

AMEN!!!

We have a boss in Sami Hyppia who as a player had the backing of fans at Liverpool who could help turn a match

Example: 3-0 down in the Champions League final in Istanbul, the fans never gave up and were singing about there club all through the half time interval, the rest is history.

We need to start as we mean to go on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports