Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3Mobile- any good?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
the only network that gives u free messenger, free skype, and free 3-3 calls plus bags and bags of free internet usage.. what does ur network offer u free ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Three are great for deals and to be honest their coverage is good but their customer service is a disgrace they barely speak english and lie....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i understand they use the O2 network, so if their coverasge doesn't suit, 3 wont solve anything. also heard badness about their support. they do seem the best value though with good offers and all you can eat data.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I use my iPhone 3GS on Tesco Mobile PAYG. Tesco piggyback O2 and when you top up, they triple the credit.

I'm topping up £10 every 7-8 weeks which gets converted to £30. I use Skype for landline calls (£4.50 per month unlimited) and a 3 Mobile MiFi also on PAYG at £10 per month

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
GiffGaff don't do the mini sims you need for Iphones though do they?

They give you instructions on how to cut down a normal sim to micro size, or you can take into a shop and they charge £1 or similar. Also, because of the way GG works, it looks like many members get the sim cards to send out (which they get rewarded for) and cut them down themselves. It sounds a bit hatchet, but is apparently very straight forward.

You can easily order a micro sim for the iPhone 4 for the GiffGaff site, no cutting involved it's all done for you! The ONLY reason I would advise someone not to join GiffGaff is if you have poor o2 service in your area which is extremely unlikely

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Three are great for deals and to be honest their coverage is good but their customer service is a disgrace they barely speak english and lie....

Yep i'd agree with that....I had a handset die 6 months into a 18 month deal. I argued they were providing dodgy handsets not fit for purpose, they said i'd have to pay up my contract thus doubling my monthly bill to get a new phone which i did out of desperation. They sent me a new contact showing my new tarriff to be £15 (300 mins texts 500mb data) but continued to collect £30 a month. When i pointed out they were breaching their own written contract and i would be reporting them to offcom they then reduced this to £12 a month as a gesture of goodwill. Telephone sales and service are in deepest Bombay and read off a script. Their emails are very funny too. How they compare to the other providers i couldn't say,

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I used to have a low opinion of 3 but having experienced both Orange and Vodafone's joke customer service I can say that they are no better. On the other hand I have a 3 3G dongle and I also have a 3 MiFi which not only I am rather impressed with, Would say they're worth a punt. My phone uses Lebara (which runs on the Vodafone network). I had a Lyca sim and I have also tried GiffGaff. I found the latter two very poor on customer service (especially GiffGaff who are rubbish) but am very happy with the coverage and price of Lebara and would recommend them without a doubt.

Aug 4, 2011
Contemplating switching my mobile deal after being with 02 for years. Anyone on here use 3Mobile? What's the coverage like? According to their website it's pretty good all around Sussex, but I'd rather hear it from an actual user.

So, would anyone recommend them?

Worst company ever. They completly mugged me!! 100% stay with 02!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
You can easily order a micro sim for the iPhone 4 for the GiffGaff site, no cutting involved it's all done for you! The ONLY reason I would advise someone not to join GiffGaff is if you have poor o2 service in your area which is extremely unlikely

That's not a problem I live about 250 yards from a O2 mast! I couldn't see anywhere to ask for an Iphone one though. And anyone with O2 what are they like at the Amex?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Generally, O2 3G doesn't work at the Amex although there are occasional signs of life. I use 3's mobile internet service for my iPad and it seems pretty good so far although I've never tried it at the Amex, of course!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
3 runs on O2, same as GiffGaff. GiffGaff customer support is not that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here