32" or 37" lcd tv which one

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
hi all , treating my mother (80 th birthday) to an lcd tv so i want to know what you reckon on make and model etc i want to pay no more than £400 that includes a dvd player
tv must have built in digi box

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I would say the bigger the better. Though for some reason women don't think a big screen is necessary.
" Oh no dear, 20" is quite big enough." This sounds like something from a Carry On film, it's not meant to be it's what they say in my experience. :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how big is the room its likely to go in, or specifically how far from sofa to tv? theres a rule of thumb (dont remember it, look it up) about the optimum distance. if you have too big a TV and are too close you will see a pixalated immage and notice arftifacts from digitisation much more.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
32" is a decent size which i have.Depends on the size of her room and her eyesight.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'd say 32 inches is about right, Mine is and is great, any more is for bigger rooms really I'd say.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
eyesight ok and sits about 4.5 metres away from telly

If her lounge is so big that she can sit 14 foot from her TV, she can afford to sort out her own telly or get the butler to do it:wink:

I would say the bigger the better.
This one is pretty cool. And big. You need a 33 storey building to hang it on. Viewable from a distance of 1.5km.

dubai-450x344.jpg

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
go to hills in portslade,even if you dont buy from their,what they dont know bout tvs isnt worth knowing,but if you go above 37inch go with plasma,below get lcd

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
37inch at richer sounds, 1080p with freeview built in £299, leaves you £100 for the dvd player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports