Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
read the post properly where have I said it was because of immigrants,its because the GP's cannot cope now, so opening the surgeries for 7 day will cause chaos

Oh and have you been to Eastbourne lately, have a walk through the Arndale and listen to the Eastern European languages its like the united nations and really I don't care love them to come ....................but at least ensure the infrastructure can cope with them

I worked in Eastbourne from 2006 to 2008 until I transferred to the Brighton office. I worked with a lady from Belarus who was better at the job than me. I thought it was remarkable how she dealt with the legal jargon which was difficult enough for an English national like me to learn.
Oh and she had a degree in engineering from her home nation.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Tories promised to get net immigration down to the tens of thousands in 2010 in the absolute certainty that it couldn't be achieved. They made the promise to get votes. When they failed, as they knew they would, they blamed the EU. They blamed the EU to get votes. They are now promising to get tough with the EU. To get votes.

This is known as voter manipulation and is the Tory equivalent of Labour always referring to the health service as 'our NHS' and employing large numbers of public sector workers in the fond hope that they will all vote for them at the next election.

To rail against one party to the exclusion of the others is to buy into the status quo of the centralised powers that rule us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I guess you live in a low immigration area.
It's odd when English is the minority language that you hear when walking around a town centre in England.
Some may say it influences your thoughts and opinions.

What Leeds? Do give over. It's almost as white as Brighton.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's odd when English is the minority language that you hear when walking around a town centre in England.

But English isnt the minority language in the vast majority of towns and where it is - it would be mostly down to the large amount of foreign tourists/students this country gets.

But still, keep spouting crap to fit your agenda.......

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Don't believe their lies.

A greater population in Britain means more profit for their mates, they love us all competing like rats over the remaining scraps of wealth they allow us to have - the more the merrier in their eyes.

nail on head.......typical tory tactics..." divide and conquer"........pricks...!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I worked in Eastbourne from 2006 to 2008 until I transferred to the Brighton office. I worked with a lady from Belarus who was better at the job than me. I thought it was remarkable how she dealt with the legal jargon which was difficult enough for an English national like me to learn.
Oh and she had a degree in engineering from her home nation.

good stuff
I was looked after by a Bulgarian nurse in the DGH she was actually a doctor in Bulgaria and was going through extra training to carry on being a doctor here
but they are few and far between

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well if like me you think of it as unsustainable in terms of culture, services and the actual size of this island to absorb such high numbers, then this is perhaps why so many people switched to UKIP and probably many more might have if they accepted the Tories cannot control its own borders whilst within the EU.

However can you imagine if we had a Labour government there would be very little inclination to even set an aspiration to reduce numbers, I would always ask pro immigration posters at which rate would you feel it necessary to restrict those coming to us 2m, 3m 4m, 10 million, its unlikely you will get an answer because they then morph into Nigel Farage just further upstream.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If you go to south Lincolnshire and the fens of north Cambridgeshire (and north west Norfolk) you hear every language going. People from Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Romania and damn near every other language too! In particular one person known to me in Wisbech was told to sell her shop (in their family for 60yrs) because it was now in the 'Polish quarter' and it was 'their' street. She told them to Foxtrot Oscar and it turned nasty. If you've been anywhere near Wisbech or Kings Lynn you may as well be in eastern Europe. If you think that is BS go and see for yourself. Just a FACT from me, not a political stance.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But English isnt the minority language in the vast majority of towns and where it is - it would be mostly down to the large amount of foreign tourists/students this country gets.

But still, keep spouting crap to fit your agenda.......

the point of this thread was to point out that Cameron said he would reduce immigration 5 years ago, so it was him spouting crap then was it
318,000 and rising
less police
less customers officers
discuss that

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
good stuff
I was looked after by a Bulgarian nurse in the DGH she was actually a doctor in Bulgaria and was going through extra training to carry on being a doctor here
but they are few and far between

How do you know they are few and far between? You are just guessing because it suits your beliefs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you go to south Lincolnshire and the fens of north Cambridgeshire (and north west Norfolk) you hear every language going. People from Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Romania and damn near every other language too! In particular one person known to me in Wisbech was told to sell her shop (in their family for 60yrs) because it was now in the 'Polish quarter' and it was 'their' street. She told them to Foxtrot Oscar and it turned nasty. If you've been anywhere near Wisbech or Kings Lynn you may as well be in eastern Europe. If you think that is BS go and see for yourself. Just a FACT from me, not a political stance.

Is that why you've been dishing out thumbs down to my posts, because you know of one area where there may be a problem?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Is that why you've been dishing out thumbs down to my posts, because you know of one area where there may be a problem?

But if you accept that what he said is true, it would be reasonable to accept that this is being replicated throught different parts of the UK.

If you support mass immigration and dismiss the concerns of some communities then fine, say it and make your points.

But you cannot absorb over net 2.5 million legal immigrants and dismiss there are consequences, that would be silly.

How many places need to be negatively effected like his example before you feel any perceived benefits actually arent worth it ??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We went to Leicester on Saturday morning to look at a show home with our eldest son because Redrow only have a marketing suite in Grimsby and afterwards popped into a Sainsbury superstore quite aware that with a vibrant Asian community we would hear a smattering of languages (and dialects) other than English. What was more surprising was visiting our youngest son in Kings Lynn in the afternoon and walking around the town centre hearing all the same Eastern European languages we've been accustomed to in Grimsby.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
[/B][/I][/U]

tried to get an appoitment at your doctors lately
then again maybe we can train some of the 318'000 to become doctors and nurses or even policemen and women or work in the customs as officers .............which will take all of at least 10 years meanwhile,what?

At least 10 years to train a customs or police officer? You really are a bitter, ill informed, reactionary ne'er do well :wanker:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I was in Kings Lynn on Saturday and can confirm this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Go on then, tell me how you would reduce the numbers?

just listened to Cameron's speech on this
watched it
listened
absorbed
NOW LETS SEE IF HE CAN IMPLEMENT IT

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
At least 10 years to train a customs or police officer? You really are a bitter, ill informed, reactionary ne'er do well :wanker:

VERY CHILDISH I actually thought you were well educated .........but then you are just a another tory dullard
it takes 10 years to train a GP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here