Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£30m Of Costs, £14m Player Wages, £16m on ?????

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I would settle for paying the whole travel cost, ave £3-4 a game and an inflation matched increase in the season ticket. But if I'm forced to pay for all the travel cost I should be allowed to use it when I want, not a few hours before and after the game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Might be best to wait for the Accounts to be published in full?

Indeed - but it will be interesting to see how much is being spent on non-playing salaries/wages - I suspect this is an area of spend that has shot up dramatically since the move to the Amex.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Aren't transfer fees included in there as well?

That's what I thought. I think we spent about £6 million in transfer. I also thought that on the official website it said we had £1 million in fixture and fittings. It seems travel cost about £2 million, that only leaves £7 million.

Wasn't there a thread on here months ago which stated that match day costs were £600,000 per game (I'm guessing that would include the £2 million travel costs).

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Indeed - but it will be interesting to see how much is being spent on non-playing salaries/wages - I suspect this is an area of spend that has shot up dramatically since the move to the Amex.

indeed, how many stewards, lottery ticket and program sellers are there? I have no idea, but I am sure that there are huge savings that could be made.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hang on a second. It doesn't always work like this.

Just because a business is turning over 22m and then making an 8m loss doesn't mean it is spending 30m.

I'm no financial wizard, but I've witnessed enough shifting of cash from A to B to know that those accounting people can be as creative in their own way as derren brown.

In this case we are in danger off quite literally putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
i think when all the "new stadium, new business" dust settles it will be inevitable we make a decent profit with the gates we get. just give it time, i think TB & PB are alot more savvy than people may think.

what do you think the cost of adding 8k new seats is? all the structural engineers and architects on site, all the materials ect. not going to be cheap

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
That's what I thought. I think we spent about £6 million in transfer. I also thought that on the official website it said we had £1 million in fixture and fittings. It seems travel cost about £2 million, that only leaves £7 million.

Wasn't there a thread on here months ago which stated that match day costs were £600,000 per game (I'm guessing that would include the £2 million travel costs).

How the he'll are we spending 2mill on travel costs????

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
How the he'll are we spending 2mill on travel costs????

Its on the Barber thread. We have an about 22,000 season ticket holders all paying £30 travel levy that is £660,000 and is only a third of the cost.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i thought transport was closer to £300k per game not £100k...............not sure where I heard that.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
There must be a huge chunk of money in there somewhere for the continuing building work , materials , ect , you call a plumber out for 20 minutes and its a trip to see the bank manager , i doubt there has been a day gone by since the stadium opened that there have not been some contractors on site doing one thing or another .

Im sure it will all come out in the wash , apart from where the f.a cup money went obviously .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suspect depreciation is a major cost bearing in mind everything is new, roughly 25% written off the cost of assets will be a massive figure

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
i think when all the "new stadium, new business" dust settles it will be inevitable we make a decent profit with the gates we get. just give it time, i think TB & PB are alot more savvy than people may think.

what do you think the cost of adding 8k new seats is? all the structural engineers and architects on site, all the materials ect. not going to be cheap

This requires us to at least maintain our current gates. It'll be interesting to see what happens to season ticket sales next year if we finish mid-table.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We have a premier league/European football facility, an award-winning Community Scheme, a cast of thousands (literally) and an aspiring Premier League set up. We have yet to build even Championship level commercial acumen. That's what PB is in place to do. We have gone from Athletics track to Europa-League-ready, U21hosting in 2 years. No amount of beer/pies or tweaking ticket prices will make up th shortfall. We need Premier League broadcast income and Sponsorship deals to bridge the gap.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suspect depreciation is a major cost bearing in mind everything is new, roughly 25% written off the cost of assets will be a massive figure

Which would show in the stadium accounts not the club accounts.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If Barber wants to run a more professional and slick business to his 'customers' then he should start by getting rid of that supervisor in the East, that can't run any sort of decent match day service. You know the skinny guy with teeth missing, looks like he should be sleeping on a park bench and is chewing a wasp. He's a total moron. I don't know how many times fans walk away from the east concourses to go elsewhere. Because he doesn't know the difference between Strongbow and Harvey's. With divs like that around, words from Barber re losing money and all pulling together are meaningless.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hang on a second. It doesn't always work like this.

Just because a business is turning over 22m and then making an 8m loss doesn't mean it is spending 30m.

I'm no financial wizard, but I've witnessed enough shifting of cash from A to B to know that those accounting people can be as creative in their own way as derren brown.

In this case we are in danger off quite literally putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Well indeed - it is not like NSC at all to go in all guns blazing with only half the facts :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here