Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£300k for a one bed flat overlooking the Goldstone Retail Park

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have to bid for the properties. Dread to think what they will sell for in the end as people push the offers to the maximum.

The modern looking house built on the corner of Goldstone Lane and Old Shoreham Road is also up for sale at just under £900K if you want views of Hove Park

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29483490.html?premiumA=true.

Makes you wonder what the Goldstone would be worth now if it had permission for housing.

Hideous interior design and I reckon the Eames chair is a fake.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Seems obvious to me that the bus station in Hove should be relocated, making way for retail on the ground floor and a modern high rise block. If you have a supermarket on the ground floor, a mainline station next door and easy access to Brighton& Hove on the weekends, many people could survive without cars. If you can't spread out, the only way is up !

http://hovesquare.com/HoveSQPublicPresentation.pdf

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I PAID 60K FOR A THREE BED HOUSE OVERLOOKING THE GOLDSTONE 1987 LOVED SITTING IN THE GARDEN WATCHING RESERVE FIXTURES:thumbsup:

Looking at those photos: it appears you didn't go to to the last game at the Goldstone?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
And the rest.

£300k is the guide price, all of the private sale properties in this development are going to best and final bids! I've never seen that before on a new build development.

They'll all sell though, partly because one of the joint selling agents is actually a London based estate agent who'll be knocking these out to DFL's and Buy to let supremo's.
Why? Devalued pound. London peeps with equity. Always was expensive anyway. Nice place [sea, downs, nice shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants etc as well as the not nice ones], easyish commute to the smoke, fairly good employment. If you can afford a reasonable place or don't mind living in a dodgy flat for the sake of the location, go for it! Me? I moved away years. Good memories, nice place etc but other nice places will give you much more for your dosh, and I would not want to get involved in a costly cat fight, knowing the boom cannot go on infinitely.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
A vibrant area that's only a hour from London for commuters

1 hour is absolute minimum train time Hove-London Bridge peak (and then only 1 per morning which only takes an hour). Add on time to get from home to platform and platform to desk, almost impossible to be under 1.5 hours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Locals can't afford it, hence why they are pushing it to London types who want out of London, want a second home for the weekend, or will buy as an investment. One quick look at the marketing brochure tells you all you need to know about the target audience. Dread to think what the final income will be if you add up all of the 'suggested' buying prices for the development.

How many punters not only in London but from overseas will see the £600k guide price for a 3 bed apartment and in a sealed bid process offer a 7 figure sum ? It wont be too long before residents of "Hove Actually" prefix that with "Decadent". DFLs will live in DHA

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
1 hour is absolute minimum train time Hove-London Bridge peak (and then only 1 per morning which only takes an hour). Add on time to get from home to platform and platform to desk, almost impossible to be under 1.5 hours.

Get up earlier & you'll find more than one LB commuter service

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
How many punters not only in London but from overseas will see the £600k guide price for a 3 bed apartment and in a sealed bid process offer a 7 figure sum ? It wont be too long before residents of "Hove Actually" prefix that with "Decadent". DFLs will live in DHA

Both of my direct neighbours bought their houses as DFL's near Hove Seafront over a decade ago, as David Bryne would say 'Same as it ever was'...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My house trebled in 10 years in Hove and has almost trebled again in the 10 since I sold it not just Perry Digweed that is 'safe as houses'?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
You have to bid for the properties. Dread to think what they will sell for in the end as people push the offers to the maximum.

The modern looking house built on the corner of Goldstone Lane and Old Shoreham Road is also up for sale at just under £900K if you want views of Hove Park

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29483490.html?premiumA=true.

Makes you wonder what the Goldstone would be worth now if it had permission for housing.

That's hilarious -- low quality build, squeezed into a tiny plot with no garden, and it's amazing that they've managed to photograph it (with the photographer lying on the grass in Hove Park, by the looks of it) in such a way that you'd never realise it was ten feet away from a really busy road next to traffic lights.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That's hilarious -- low quality build, squeezed into a tiny plot with no garden, and it's amazing that they've managed to photograph it (with the photographer lying on the grass in Hove Park, by the looks of it) in such a way that you'd never realise it was ten feet away from a really busy road next to traffic lights.

Ah, but it has a Palm Tree, in the Kitchen!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I just paid about 200k for a 2 bedroom new build apartment in hovin. Its about a five minute drive from the E6, thats the main road between trondheim and oslo, so access is easy when it snows, but also very cars come our way and you cant see or hear the road, and have a lovely view overlooking a field from my terrace. Also no light pollution so the skies on a clear night are absolutely magnificent. Its a 30 min drive to work at back which is nothing really in the scheme of things.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I just paid about 200k for a 2 bedroom new build apartment in hovin. Its about a five minute drive from the E6, thats the main road between trondheim and oslo, so access is easy when it snows, but also very cars come our way and you cant see or hear the road, and have a lovely view overlooking a field from my terrace. Also no light pollution so the skies on a clear night are absolutely magnificent. Its a 30 min drive to work at back which is nothing really in the scheme of things.

What's the journey time to the Amex like?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here