3 UK Schoolgirls gone to Syria

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure how we could get the evidence to charge them with cries committed over there.
Terrorists are already held for acts of terrorism, it would be no different.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

You're correct, plenty charged with 'preparing acts of terrorism' just trying to get into Syria. If these girls come back, and let's not be naïve, they weren't going as aid workers, they will have done the same, so will likely be charged, but you said "If they committed no crime they should be welcomed back'. How could it be determined whether they have committed any crime without evidence, or do we just assume because they have joined ISIS in Syria they have done.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That havnt turned their wrath on us...they went to Syria? Who knows what goes through peoples minds sometimes..i think they are very naive, and have been manipulated by some twats...
A slight misunderstanding. When I questioned why they turned their wrath on us, I meant the muslims in the Middle East, not the muslims from GB.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're correct, plenty charged with 'preparing acts of terrorism' just trying to get into Syria. If these girls come back, and let's not be naïve, they weren't going as aid workers, they will have done the same, so will likely be charged
I don't agree. Indeed, they weren't going as aid workers, but I imagine the authorities will have access to their emails etc of what they thought they were going to. If they strongly suspect that they were going to prepare act of terrorism, then as you say, they'd probably get charged, but the girls might have just gone expecting to live a good and pure life as required by god. I wouldn't know without seeing their communications.

but you said "If they committed no crime they should be welcomed back'. How could it be determined whether they have committed any crime without evidence, or do we just assume because they have joined ISIS in Syria they have done.
Thankfully, I don't think a couple of people that know very little about the case will be making the decision. It would be determined by using gathered intelligence and interrogating them, over a period of time.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Of course that is the case, but how do we prove that they committed a crime over there? I might be wrong but is there a law which says that it is a crime to go overseas to join a terrorist organisation, or get involved in a war??

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A slight misunderstanding. When I questioned why they turned their wrath on us, I meant the muslims in the Middle East, not the muslims from GB.

oh ok.. well, the majority havnt. Theres a large section of nutters for sure, but they are killing muslims in larger numbers than they are us. I would think that bombing, invading muslims countries for the past 15 years is going to be a large contributing factor for the nutters, and make it easy for them to manipulate youth to go on some glorious mission for their faith.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
oh ok.. well, the majority havnt. Theres a large section of nutters for sure, but they are killing muslims in larger numbers than they are us. I would think that bombing, invading muslims countries for the past 15 years is going to be a large contributing factor for the nutters, and make it easy for them to manipulate youth to go on some glorious mission for their faith.

Whether people like it or not, this is IS's primary marketing tool.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting to read that those three bitches from East London who went to Syria, face a potential life sentence if they return to the UK....

"The most serious offence facing those going to Syria is section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006. It outlaws acts preparatory to terrorism and assisting another person in such activities. The maximum penalty is life."

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Heart breaking for their husbands, I know how worried I'd be if my wife disappeared.

As newly appointed citizens of Islamic State I hope they are returned back there promptly when found so they can got on with married life.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Beheaded (or something equally barbaric) if they're captured, imprisoned if they escape. Not looking good for them.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am sitting here asking myself if I really care, Theresa May might just have got this one right, but I hear you say it could be your daughter
its not
so **** them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does anyone read The Daily Mail?

The first paragraph:-

Home Secretary Theresa May has suggested three British schoolgirls believed to have escaped the clutches of ISIS may not be allowed back into the UK even if they manage to return.

'escaped the clutches'
Escaped from the place the girls went to freely on their own.
Would those clutches be the ones that pulled the girls kicking and scream through the airport terminal?

31 words, 7 of which are statement of fact, 16 misrepresentation of facts as dealt with in a case by case manner, &, 8 words of hyperbole.

That's just the first freakin paragraph.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports