3 UK Schoolgirls gone to Syria

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Have we, or any other countries been bombing any Hindu, Sikh, or Buddist communites over the last 14-15 years? Have any Hindu, Sikh or buddist communites suffered devastating civil wars in their regions? to think that it wouldnt create militants is a bit naive..If you create chaos, you will get extremists.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Have we, or any other countries been bombing any Hindu, Sikh, or Buddist communites over the last 14-15 years? Have any Hindu, Sikh or buddist communites suffered devastating civil wars in their regions? to think that it wouldnt create militants is a bit naive..If you create chaos, you will get extremists.
Might have guessed you'd side with the cold blooded murderers.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Have we, or any other countries been bombing any Hindu, Sikh, or Buddist communites over the last 14-15 years? Have any Hindu, Sikh or buddist communites suffered civil wars in their regions? to think that it wouldnt create militants is a bit naive..If you create chaos, you will get extremists.
Weve also bombed Serbian christians in defence of Kosovan and Albanian Muslims, funnily enough when we did the last thing on my mind was to get onto a plane to belgrade or pristina to defend some christian people who id never met , who i didnt have a lot in common with, why then , would you say muslims dont feel the same way ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Weve also bombed Serbian christians in defence of Kosovan and Albanian Muslims, funnily enough when we did the last thing on my mind was to get onto a plane to belgrade or pristina to defend some christian people who id never met , who i didnt have a lot in common with, why then , would you say muslims dont feel the same way ?

I don't think that you could compare a 4 month war with UN backing, to a war in Iraq without UN support.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Um.

George Bush Snr had a go at Iraq in 1990, Operation Desert Storm.
I believe they saved Kuwait, and were fully just in doing so.

Enjoyed the bloke ripping into clegg on LBC this moring....He said"we don't want these types returning here"etc
You have to wonder just how soft and stupid we're in this country to even consider letting these types back in...FFS it's ludicrous.and beyond belief...You leave and you're not returning end of.
I didn't hear that, so don't know what it was specifically about, but on the general subject of letting people return, I would say it depends. If the schoolgirls turned up at a British Embassy somewhere and said they'd made a mistake, of course they should be welcomed back. Firstly, they were young, naive and misled, and secondly, they could help educate other potential recruits that life over there isn't what you might expect, and that God doesn't want them to go and help with the killing.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't think that you could compare a 4 month war with UN backing, to a war in Iraq without UN support.
The point of my post was to illustrate the sense of kinship and loyalty muslims feel to fellow muslims which seems to trump anything they feel to this country, not one of those 3 girls are of middle eastern descent.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Its not even about us or the Americans Bushy.. a host of muslim countries have been bombed to ****, or suffered devastating civil wars...there will be chaos, and with chaos comes militants. To deny that, is a bit daft.
My post was in response to somebody asking why muslims are turning out extremists, and not Sikhs, Hindus, or Buddists... ..nobody is bombing the **** out of them, and there are no civil wars ongoing.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Its not even about us or the Americans Bushy.. a host of muslim countries have been bombed to ****, or suffered devastating civil wars...there will be chaos, and with chaos comes militants. To deny that, is a bit daft.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The point of my post was to illustrate the sense of kinship and loyalty muslims feel to fellow muslims which seems to trump anything they feel to this country, not one of those 3 girls are of middle eastern descent.

It is not exactly loyalty to Muslims, the Sunni's believe the Shia are infidels and worse than Christians.

There have always been people who sympathise outside their country of origin, so it is not really a religious thing. We had British Nazi spies and vice versa, and likewise with Russia in the Cold War with many acting as double agents.

I do find it strange why these girls would do it, but I am not surprised at human behaviour.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

I can remember seeing a guy at Brighton station in full Croat battle dress, without weapons, heading back to Croatia to fight the Serbs after some leave, during the Yugo Civil war.. and there was a documentary regarding British paratroopers who went to fight Serbs during their leave.. can remember one guy saying he hoped his mother didnt see it, as she thought he was in Euro Disney... they did it for a sense of 'excitement' I think, so hard to say what goes through peoples minds sometimes, so easy to imagine somebody with strong religious convictions doing the same, plus there are British people fighting for the Peshmerga...some have been killed already.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes, when they are extremely young, and easy to manipulate, and they see muslim countries being attacked or suffering civil wars.

If they are extremely young, then it is likely that they will know and probably have experienced little of the Iraq war, and if Muslims are engaged in a civil war, then why should they turn their wrath on us? I am sure that you are right in that chaos creates extremists, but there is an element of good excuse to their hatred of the infidel. I am sure that it is there anyway.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I believe they saved Kuwait, and were fully just in doing so.

I didn't hear that, so don't know what it was specifically about, but on the general subject of letting people return, I would say it depends. If the schoolgirls turned up at a British Embassy somewhere and said they'd made a mistake, of course they should be welcomed back. Firstly, they were young, naive and misled, and secondly, they could help educate other potential recruits that life over there isn't what you might expect, and that God doesn't want them to go and help with the killing.

I imagine you are assuming that as yet they have not been responsible for any atrocities, and possibly that, as they are female, we give them the benefit of the doubt. At least I hope that is what you are thinking. If they have committed murder in Alan's name, then by this logic "Jihadi John" should also be welcomed back and all male fighters, as they too were young and misled.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If they are extremely young, then it is likely that they will know and probably have experieitnced little of the Iraq war, and if Muslims are engaged in a civil war, then why should they turn their wrath on us? I am sure that you are right in that chaos creates extremists, but there is an element of good excuse to their hatred of the infidel. I am sure that it is there anyway.

That havnt turned their wrath on us...they went to Syria? Who knows what goes through peoples minds sometimes..i think they are very naive, and have been manipulated by some twats...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That havnt turned their wrath on us...they went to Syria? Who knows what goes through peoples minds sometimes..i think they are very naive, and have been manipulated by some twats...

That pretty much sums these ISIS chaps up.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can remember seeing a guy at Brighton station in full Croat battle dress, without weapons, heading back to Croatia to fight the Serbs after some leave, during the Yugo Civil war.. and there was a documentary regarding British paratroopers who went to fight Serbs during their leave.. can remember one guy saying he hoped his mother didnt see it, as she thought he was in Euro Disney... they did it for a sense of 'excitement' I think, so hard to say what goes through peoples minds sometimes, so easy to imagine somebody with strong religious convictions doing the same, plus there are British people fighting for the Peshmerga...some have been killed already.
quoting anecdotes about people in croatian combats at brighton station, or even people joining the peshmerga totally fails to anwer my question about why there is large scale 'muslim anger' (i am SICK to the back teeth of hearing that phrase) over our middle eastern escapades as opposed to the large scale apathy from christians in this country about us bombing our serb co religionists , the answer is , that they(muslims)on the whole feel more loyalty to their religion , and fellow adherents, than they do to this country, simple.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I imagine you are assuming that as yet they have not been responsible for any atrocities, and possibly that, as they are female, we give them the benefit of the doubt. At least I hope that is what you are thinking. If they have committed murder in Alan's name, then by this logic "Jihadi John" should also be welcomed back and all male fighters, as they too were young and misled.
It doesn't matter if they're male or female, if they've committed no crime I think they should be welcomed back. If they've committed crimes, I think they should be welcomed back and charged with their crimes.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It doesn't matter if they're male or female, if they've committed no crime I think they should be welcomed back. If they've committed crimes, I think they should be welcomed back and charged with their crimes.

Not sure how we could get the evidence to charge them with cries committed over there. Do you think ISIS will let in our plods ? We see what they do to aid workers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports