Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 players to sign

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Free agent Ameobi. Murray is reputed to be going to Reading for £2m and is 4th choice at Palace so a 93 day loan at the end of January and purchase in the summer is still possible and realistic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Free agent Ameobi. Murray is reputed to be going to Reading for £2m and is 4th choice at Palace so a 93 day loan at the end of January and purchase in the summer is still possible and realistic.

Ameobi is a good shout. Murray has started 2 of Palace's last 3 games & been a sub in the other one so I don't think he is 4th choice, maybe 3rd. Either way, I doubt he'd want to return to Reading now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is what most on here want, but I would prefer to play Best as the front target man and Ameobi/CMS/Baldock just behind him feeding off the knock ons or backs if the CB wins the ball.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd go for a decent right winger with good delivery, a ball winning midfield dynamo and a bit of youth and pace at left back to complement our ageing defence.

Kanchelskis, Alan Ball and Phil McHunt would be my three.

:)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
So you want to bring in a 33 year old CF to play in the hole alongside another out and out CF with zero pace despite the fact that we have no width, 1 unfit winger in a team with no pace anywhere within it currently? For me that cannot work and will just allow other teams to press us across the pitch which we already struggle with.

Then of course there is the resell value , next season etc.

I could understand and personally would've taken Ameobi over Best on a 6 month contract and rebuilt in the summer but I suspect Ameobi wants longer and Best was happy to see out his remaining contract down south. But both? We need some viable options at the right age and with some re-sell value, with pace in behind, both upfront and out wide. I think they have a tricky balancing act in this window to spend just enough to keep us up...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Stephens will be like a new signing when he comes back. We still need a striker that will score goals but are there any out there at a price the board are willing to pay? Real shame we didnt get Grabban.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reading won't be buying Murray this window (loans only according to Clark) although that won't prevent them competing with others to take him on loan. Like us they have no interest in the play-offs so whereMurray goes will probably be determined in the final few hours of the window maximising his availability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here