Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 July and I'm all pre-season excited

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Its the 3rd of July, 5 players in, more to come, deadwood mainly all gone, a real sense of winning mentality and team spirit coming through, concrete walls and stuff rising from the ground in North Moulsecoomb (Its not bloody Falmer!!) we could be champions I tell ya, we are feckin contenders. OOOo I've gone all goosepimply and excited and can't wait til the season starts now. I f***ing love this time of year!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ground being built - check.

Backroom staff sorted out - check.

Decent additions to the squad - check.

I need a drink.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
we all thought the same last year though , lets hope we can put that behind us and start building for the future and become a higher profiled club

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i'm driving the mrs up the wall, 4 weeks 6 days and counting til the new season - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looking really good so far, IMHO... some excellent signings, and the fact that we have got them for free is just an indication of good business... there are more to come, and I can see us pushing for promotion if the next 5 are good acquisitions... I have a feeling that cash will be splashed soon...

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
All going well IMO. Who else in our league have made five signings already? Plus, forget the numbers, they all look like great additions to our squad.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ground being built - check.

Backroom staff sorted out - check.

Decent additions to the squad - check.

I need a drink.

Four mediocre signings plus a promising centre-half and you think we could be champions? In my opinion, bearing in mind pre-season has now started, we're BEHIND where we needed to be at this stage.

:ohmy:something's wrong with my PC...It's showing the above posts being posted the wrong way around by the respective posters...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think as The Complete Badger says we are a bit behind.

The additions look solid. I think the next 5 need to be of a higher quality if we are to seriously make a top 6 challenge.

As things stand I reckon we'd finish 13th providing we have no injury crisis's.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

The additions look solid. I think the next 5 need to be of a higher quality if we are to seriously make a top 6 challenge.

But back when we finished 7th in 2007-08, the only players we brought in over the summer were Whing and Forster, admittedly both very good signings, but aside from that the squad basically remained the same as the one that had been poor and finished 18th in 06-07..

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I don't get this 'as things stand' point of view in JULY. We all know more players are coming in, so I don't believe you can make any sort of informed judgement until the season has started as least, and possibly not until the end of August when the window closes.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
When will people learn that most transfers happen nearer the season start. This is not ideal but is caused by many out of contract players valuing themselves too highly.

Once teams are back in training and start playing friendlies, these out of work players then begin to realise that they may not comand the wages they thought they might and then they become the ones who are desperate to get fixed up.

I would imagine that we have 'sounded out' a fair few players who may now, at this very moment, be weighing up their diminishing options. more signings will come.

As for prospects, it's looking like an exciting season with many local games and big crowds. I'm not expecting promotion but we could really build the profile of the club, just as the stadium begins to take real shape.

Give us some good football and some big games, a place in the top 10 and a good dup run, or 2. That'll do me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Four mediocre signings plus a promising centre-half and you think we could be champions? In my opinion, bearing in mind pre-season has now started, we're BEHIND where we needed to be at this stage.

From where do you get this mediocre signings:

Whing not my choice but last years player of the year.
Tunnicliffe an exciting prospect highly thought of.
Wright played the majority of games for team that finished well above us.
Croft spent a time on loan at Peterborough and only left Gillingham after a fall out with the manager.
Smith experts say is a superb goalkeeper and will without doubt be no 1.
Dicker who showed his ability for us last season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uhhh....the transfer window is open till AUGUST 31st folks.
It doesn't close after Corrie tomorrow. :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. You're supposed to get your squad in place before training starts, but it started last week

Players are on holiday prior to returning to training with their clubs on 1st July approx . If we are going to buy a player, rather than one who is out of contract, how are we supposed to do that, when the player isnt back at work and could be anywhere in the world until the end of June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here