Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 days left in the transfer window...

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
My head says the club is 'struggling' with revenue was worth losing 50k for the Tottenham A Cup game. If money is tight ????????????????/
No the club is being run like a business , which means looking after the pennies , and then we can afford the new outside area with toilets.
I have become accustomed as previously mentioned by others , we will groom a top goal scorer not blow millions on one that doesnt care .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Newcastle will meet our fee sadly. Mainly because I believe Burn wants to go so we’ll make it happen (if not now, then in the summer as he enters the last year of his contract).

So ………..

3 more incomings; Enciso, Senesi the Burn replacement and a striker (U21 or senior pro with 6 months left on his contract like Larin).

3 outgoings; Enciso on loan back to his current club, Roberts to Massive and another such a Băluță leaving.

Come the summer, providing they have avoided relegation, Newcastle will have many more players available to them. Even now Dan Burn is far from the only centre back that they are looking at. If other options come good, then Dan Burn won't be going anywhere.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think Newcastle will meet our fee sadly. Mainly because I believe Burn wants to go so we’ll make it happen (if not now, then in the summer as he enters the last year of his contract).

So ………..

3 more incomings; Enciso, Senesi the Burn replacement and a striker (U21 or senior pro with 6 months left on his contract like Larin).

3 outgoings; Enciso on loan back to his current club, Roberts to Massive and another such a Băluță leaving.

I don't think we'll replace Burn in this window if Newcastle do make an offer we can't refuse. With no current injuries or imminent suspensions, our four international class centre backs and Hayden Roberts should be more than enough to see us through the last 16 PL games.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As you mentioned earlier though, he didn't spend £16m on them.

Well Caicedo was in the £5m ballpark and MacAllister £7m according to some reports but its hard to get a real handle on how much these fees are.
(and we've done similar with Moder of course)
There were reports earlier this week that Lamptey was only £1m.
Anyway i remember getting thrilled at the idea of Ulloa for £2.5m in the January window.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'll bite. Yes, yes it is exciting especially now that the we are starting to see these investments bearing fruit. If you would rather support a team that just tries to buy success there are a number of options out there for you but from the screams of anguish coming out of most of their entitled fan bases I very much doubt you would be any happier at most of them. Basically your options appear to be Man City, maybe Liverpool or Chelsea or pick a new sport to follow.
So your reply is go and support Man City :facepalm: A few examples for you Japanese winger £4m, the striker at Stoke that played a couple of games £8m, The new polish kid £8m, Cacedio £4m, If this supposed wonder kid comes in £7m, Heck £4m that’s £34m on players that may or may not kick a ball in the PL for the Albion. Every club tries to buy success on one level or another. The idea you think we are doing it on the cheap is quite amusing. Once In a while you may get a BW scenario a decent player who played one season for us before being sold for huge profit as I said before it’s player farming.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't think we'll replace Burn in this window if Newcastle do make an offer we can't refuse. With no current injuries or imminent suspensions, our four international class centre backs and Hayden Roberts should be more than enough to see us through the last 16 PL games.

You neglected to mention our Cup run to the Final :smile:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Come the summer, providing they have avoided relegation, Newcastle will have many more players available to them. Even now Dan Burn is far from the only centre back that they are looking at. If other options come good, then Dan Burn won't be going anywhere.

The thing for Burn though is that if he was to go, he needs to go now. Come the summer if the Saudi's survive, they may well completely overhaul their squad and players like BDB will probably be down the pecking order. This is a short term desperation move by them, and my guess is that if he doesn't go in the next couple of days, the Saudi's will look for better in the summer (assuming they stay up).

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So your reply is go and support Man City :facepalm: A few examples for you Japanese winger £4m, the striker at Stoke that played a couple of games £8m, The new polish kid £8m, Cacedio £4m, If this supposed wonder kid comes in £7m, Heck £4m that’s £34m on players that may or may not kick a ball in the PL for the Albion. Every club tries to buy success on one level or another. The idea you think we are doing it on the cheap is quite amusing. Once In a while you may get a BW scenario a decent player who played one season for us before being sold for huge profit as I said before it’s player farming.

You clearly don't understand the business side of football. If you think you could do better job or know better than those in charge, you sir, are what we call, deluded.

Every post of yours is negative and I feel so sorry for you that you feel that way about the club you claim to 'support'.

I'm intrigued to know, are you a season ticket holder by any chance? This is not a loaded questions, I am curious to know if you are, why do you pay for your season ticket feeling so negative towards the product you are buying?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
My heart says keep him as he is has been brilliant as a CB and has provided cover at LWB. He also looks dangerous in the opposition box .

My head says the club is 'struggling' with revenue based on that club's comments e.g. the discussion whether it was worth losing 50k for the Tottenham A Cup game. If money is tight getting £10-15m for Burn would be good business. Probably less than I had previously thought but his age and the fact that we will need to bring some of the youngsters in at some time as that is the model TB wants i.e. a self sufficient club which in effect means selling our best players.

The down side of this does man we will be less competitive in this league.

Probably means we become another but better Southampton.

£50 million in for White and we are worried about losing £50k on unsold tickets ?????

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Burn doesn't feel like business we need to do unless the Newcastle money is just so damn compelling it would be daft not to. Outside of that at his age and the job he'll do over the next two seasons it's not worth it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think our price is £50 million, not £40 million :shrug:

I think a lot of people are over-estimating the resale value of our squad. If we were a European Super League level sort of club, we would be passing players around amongst each other for £80m - £100M+ - but we're not. We may have got £50M for White, which was great (but also a perfect storm of opportnities), but the idea that now and in the reasonable future our players are going to be sold for as much as - or more than - Ben White is just blue and white (no pun intended) tinted fantasy.
My guess for Biss would be £40M, or maybe a little less.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think a lot of people are over-estimating the resale value of our squad. If we were a European Super League level sort of club, we would be passing players around amongst each other for £80m - £100M+ - but we're not. We may have got £50M for White, which was great (but also a perfect storm of opportnities), but the idea that now and in the reasonable future our players are going to be sold for as much as - or more than - Ben White is just blue and white (no pun intended) tinted fantasy.
Naylor said the asking price for Bissouma is £50 million - which just gets Tony to think about it. :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Much as I don't want BDB to go, if he wants it and we get 15M it's probably good business. I am now resigned to the fact that any signings we make will be as exciting as Biss, Tross, Ali McAli and Jacub were at the time and in their first few games. Even worse, we sign them even younger and they come from nowhere like Sanchez, Alzate and Sarmiento.

How the hell does that fit with the Sky excitement of the Premier League Transfer Window Slamming Shut

I'm wondering whether this Bloom, Barber, Ashworth, Potter mob have bought into this at all :rolleyes:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

You are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
:shrug: OK.

Wonder if he specified his asking price (which we probably won't get) for Burn?

We get it or Dan going nowhere, and you can add the Beheader tax too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
My head says the club is 'struggling' with revenue was worth losing 50k for the Tottenham A Cup game. If money is tight ????????????????/
No the club is being run like a business , which means looking after the pennies , and then we can afford the new outside area with toilets.
I have become accustomed as previously mentioned by others , we will groom a top goal scorer not blow millions on one that doesnt care .

I agree. From my knowledge the culture within the club is one of prudent financial management and the senior management team know that they’re spending “Tony’s money”. Money isn’t tight, he just expects (reasonably) that its spent wisely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here