Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3-D T.V's......

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What was the Great Gatsby like?,the Mrs is trying to drag me along!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've always wondered how much difference they make to Football games?

Personally, I don't really like the 3D on football matches. Have seen it on a big screen and normal size TV. The trouble is that on the traditional main camera shot, the 3D effect is less noticeable so the match is directed differently to use a lot of extra lower camera angles. That's impressive for a while but if you want to actually see what's going on properly, it quickly becomes irritating.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What was the Great Gatsby like?,the Mrs is trying to drag me along!

If it's like the book it'll be a hyped - up Eastenders type affair. The 3D is probably to enhance the appeal of the film.

I can remember in the 70's a film called "The Mask", where you were given red/green lensed glasses for the "3D" effect. When a character in the film said "Put on the mask" you whipped on the special specs for a minute of special effects. It was not very good.

But I quite liked the "new" Star Trek, even though it was a remake (more or less) of a well known predecessor.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think it's somewhat like having chairs with the fold out leg rests. They sound good in the shop but you forget about them after a week or two.

Can't agree with that - love my footrests. Hate anything 3D as I get motion sickness.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
3D is a fad and is dying away at the cinema now. Might as well have it if the TV comes with it, but you'll never use it.

This is true and not for the first time. Decades ago it hit the flicks and died a quick death.
My opinion is wait if you do not need a new TV as UltraHD is about to explode onto the market no doubt followed by 8KTV so they will be giving away 3D with packets of cornflakes. Just be sure to throw away the cornflakes.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
The kids sometimes watch 3D on the telly but they are ALWAYS on iplayer, Lovefilm etc. Especially as we now have Infinity. All the other stuff on SmartTVs is pretty much useless.

The truth is of course that you can have the important features of a SmartTV (i.e. catchup, on demand services, DNLA for music access, photo access) via loads of set top boxes, consoles etc. so you can end up doubling up on stuff very easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here