Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 arrests yesterday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nuffink wrong with a bit of toe too toe back in the day against Chelsea. What you Tobies dont get is that its just top boys against top boys and whilst they may be tooled up dont go picking on birds kids or civaliens so no one gets hurt unless they want too. We are only defending are manor

Regards

DF

This spoof account ranks alongside the great London pompous.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You need to think about, who you are targeting this message at. A simple Stop Talking would have been just as effective.

I don't wish to stop the person talking though, just stop talking rubbish. He or she is wrongly accusing Albion fans of chanting something vile.

So in this instance it is justified.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Usually if you ring up they ask for your name and fan number so they can have your details handy.

I suppose if you rang them from a call box (if you can find one) and just shouted abuse then there's nothing they can do.

Am I wrong to find that last sentence very funny!

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
We as a club have suffered the most appalling homophobia abuse over the years whether it be at home or away.
Surely it’s not beyond our supporters to lead the way and not be the ones in the news for our fans being arrested for such abuse.
If and possibly when they are convicted I’m sure the club or media will name and shame them appropriately.
I for one have added the clubs hotline number to my phone and will not hesitate to inform them if I hear anything like that around me at a game.

'We can see you holding hands' and 'does ya boyfriend know ya here' is hardly appalling abuse is it?? Why don't you just watch the match instead of looking for 'abusive' fans to grass on.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone in WSL hear monkey sounds ? I sure as hell didn’t. Booing ? Yes - James was getting booed every time he touched the ball after his collision with BDB and his other infractions ignored by the ref. Didn’t hear anything directed at Rudiger.

Fake news. I’ll happily be corrected when the club ban numbers from WSL for ‘monkey chants’ - many of the WSL lot would be the first to scream for a steward if anything like that happened.

I heard no monkey sounds in WSL, other than the pantomime booing of James, the only other abuse was towards our own team from those that are uncomfortable with our passing the ball about from the back, particularly when Montoya passed sideways to Propper who mis controlled and lost possession to Abrahams.

But as you say, if there were and its a big if, I'm certain that those in the WSL close to the idiot would have mentioned it to a steward.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We as a club have suffered the most appalling homophobia abuse over the years whether it be at home or away.
Surely it’s not beyond our supporters to lead the way and not be the ones in the news for our fans being arrested for such abuse.
If and possibly when they are convicted I’m sure the club or media will name and shame them appropriately.
I for one have added the clubs hotline number to my phone and will not hesitate to inform them if I hear anything like that around me at a game.

And handed out vile abuse:

The Jimmy Saville song at Leeds away, the amount of times our fans deem it sensible to sing "we pay your benefits" ?

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
'We can see you holding hands' and 'does ya boyfriend know ya here' is hardly appalling abuse is it?? Why don't you just watch the match instead of looking for 'abusive' fans to grass on.

So you think it’s clearly acceptable then you are a disgrace to this club. Who said I was looking for abusive fans, merely keeping my “ears” open rather than you who is clearly turning a blind eye and ear, so go back up to Croydon and watch your own trash.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I sort of admire your hope behind this, but I really don't understand why anyone thinks Brighton fans will be, in the whole, any different to any other clubs fans.

We will have our fair share of queer bashers, racists, wife / husband beaters. We will have people who want to have a fight, because someone looked at them the wrong way.

We have a cross section of life, not just sanctimonious holier than thou, we are Brighton so we must be above this sort of thing fans - accept there are people out there with flaws and some of them support Brighton!

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I sort of admire your hope behind this, but I really don't understand why anyone thinks Brighton fans will be, in the whole, any different to any other clubs fans.

We will have our fair share of queer bashers, racists, wife / husband beaters. We will have people who want to have a fight, because someone looked at them the wrong way.

We have a cross section of life, not just sanctimonious holier than thou, we are Brighton so we must be above this sort of thing fans - accept there are people out there with flaws and some of them support Brighton!
Totally agree but those of our supporters that choose to ignore this problem do not help in trying to get rid of it.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
So you think it’s clearly acceptable then you are a disgrace to this club. Who said I was looking for abusive fans, merely keeping my “ears” open rather than you who is clearly turning a blind eye and ear, so go back up to Croydon and watch your own trash.

No I don't think abuse of any kind is acceptable but I don't consider the two 'homophobic' chants I alluded to in my last post to be abusive. I don't turn a 'blind eye' as no need to as I never hear any 'abuse' where I sit. Heard nothing racist yesterday. But if there was any abuse I'll leave it to busybodies like you to report it, I'm there for the football not to ring hotlines. Croydon? Born and bred in Brighton.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No I don't think abuse of any kind is acceptable but I don't consider the two 'homophobic' chants I alluded to in my last post to be abusive. I don't turn a 'blind eye' as no need to as I never hear any 'abuse' where I sit. Heard nothing racist yesterday. But if there was any abuse I'll leave it to busybodies like you to report it, I'm there for the football not to ring hotlines. Croydon? Born and bred in Brighton.

Ok yes those 2 well known chants are not the problem, there have been others that are not acceptable.
Apologies for calling you a Croydon lover. I to have not heard anything racist at the Amex nor do I want to.:albion2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

So predictable. I can guarantee whenever this subject comes up, some clever person will post this rubbish.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From front of WSU, heard lots of BOOOOOOOOOOing of James, and a couple of HOOOOOOOOOFs aimed at Rudiger.

The poster claiming anything else is very much mistaken in my opinion.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Ok yes those 2 well known chants are not the problem, there have been others that are not acceptable.
Apologies for calling you a Croydon lover. I to have not heard anything racist at the Amex nor do I want to.:albion2:

I've never heard any other chants other than those one's. Apology accepted and never do I. Do find it puzzling that 'harry kane he talks like a mong' which I heard when we played Spurs at home and I've heard it sung at other grounds never gets any publicity. Is it because speaking out against it doesn't give the liberal elite to showcase how right on they are in the way that being anti racist / homophobic does? Surely it's just as hurtful as racism but I guarantee we wouldn't get tannoy announcements asking to stop it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've never heard any other chants other than those one's. Apology accepted and never do I. Do find it puzzling that 'harry kane he talks like a mong' which I heard when we played Spurs at home and I've heard it sung at other grounds never gets any publicity. Is it because speaking out against it doesn't give the liberal elite to showcase how right on they are in the way that being anti racist / homophobic does? Surely it's just as hurtful as racism but I guarantee we wouldn't get tannoy announcements asking to stop it.

Liberal elite showcasing how right on they are or breaking the law? I think you're trolling again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He’s back! :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here