Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 Albion games you most regret missing?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The last game at the Goldstone, Hereford away and Newcastle in 1979. Could have gone to the last one but my dad wouldn't let me go with my mate's 16 year old brother. I was 12 at the time and cried.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Newcastle promotion match

Win at Anfield in FA Cup

Hereford

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
14th April 2015 Vs Huddersfield Town. My first child was born just 2 days before and my wife was desperate to leave hospital rather than stay an extra night. It is the only first team home game I've missed since we moved to the Amex

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Cup semi v Sheffield Wednesday in 83 - Got Married
Premier promotion gaMe v Wigan, On Holiday, never expected it to be so early !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fans United, Newcastle promotion game, Doncaster at the Amex. Otherwise engaged on each occasion. But plenty of other occasions make up for them: 7-0 v Walsall, Sheffield Wed FA Cup semi-final, promotion v Wigan, 3-0 v Palace on Boxing Day, the list goes on ...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The 5-0 Pilchard game against Norwich. Was on hoIiday with no mobile reception.

The Forest Ulloa game. I was living and working in New York and felt very homesick sitting in the middle of Central Park following the live text.

I had no choice for the Hereford game. Had to take my dad for hospital treatment that day and was very glad I didn’t have to make the decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hereford, both cup finals, the Wigan promotion game, Wallsall away promotion game, Fulham & QPR away in the championship promotion push, to name a few. Bloody work.
I was at the 0-5 v Palace though!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I regret missing 3 away games:
Newcastle 1979 ( I got married that year and my wife didn’t understand….my second wife is a fervent supporter!)
Port Vale ( last match of the season and we were already promoted - I missed a good party)
Hereford - couldn’t handle the stress

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Any three wins at Gillingham. It wasn’t the right time with two very young children and shift work. However, every time I went to Withdean or now go to the Amex, I thank those who made that journey and ensured the club survived.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here