Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test New Zealand v England

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's interesting that Prior says Alec Stewart has been a mentor for many years. I rate Stewart as one of England's most underrated sportsmen, he is a class act and it's no surprise Prior has a great attitude as he's learned from the best.

larus

Glowing report from the assistant editor at cricinfo...

NZ v England, 2nd Test, Wellington, 2nd day : Selfless Matt Prior lays claim to top spot | Cricket Features | New Zealand v England | ESPN Cricinfo

What a guy. Now my favourite sportsman. The way he went and change his game and improved his keeping ten fold and came back to become the best test keeper in the world was a remarakable effort, plus he's humble as anyone out there.

Thanks for that chappers. Not seen that on cricinfo.

When Boycott is praising you, you know you're doing something right. He's improved so much the last few years. Be good to see him captain in at least one test. Might happen if Cook misses a tour for a rest.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's interesting that Prior says Alec Stewart has been a mentor for many years. I rate Stewart as one of England's most underrated sportsmen, he is a class act and it's no surprise Prior has a great attitude as he's learned from the best.
Agreed. I once heard that Alec Stewart, had he been on board Titanic when it sunk, would have gone looking for the leak. It's that kind of selfless dedication that they share.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed. I once heard that Alec Stewart, had he been on board Titanic when it sunk, would have gone looking for the leak. It's that kind of selfless dedication that they share.

That would be the Alec Stewart that insisted all players called him gaffer when England captain ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
85/4 Broad bags another

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has to be wrapped up by tomorrow, tough ask but we are very capable. Go England.

Why ? Weather is good for probably all five days now

89/5 another goes, hang on reviewed

nope byee

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our attack is beyond awesome these days..

We'll wrap this one up quickly... the weather will not be a factor

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Monty time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
169/5 at lunch

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's ok, I've just switched onto the cricket from Comic Relief so we're bound to get a wicket in a minute.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And there we go! 189/6, back in business.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fin-tastic! 197/7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here