[Cricket] 2nd Test Match South Africa v England

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
3 players to 30, 3 players out.

Denly now somehow bowled by a nothing ball from the ‘spinner’

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Oh and I've got a question for any trained physios out there.

What specific benefit does playing football provide for warming up? As opposed to jogging, stretching, exercise bikes etc

Because it seems to me that the only reason they play football in the warm up is because they like a kick around. Well so do I, but these are highly paid and apparently professional players representing their country. Millions (probably) goes into sports nutritionists, psychologists, analysts, just to try and gain the slightest of slight edges .... then your only vaguely competent opener goes down with ligament damage playing football.

I mean FFS

I've read some people suggesting it's player power - the big characters like a kick about, so they get one, despite what the coaches might prefer. Seems unlikely to me an international team's management could be so weak, but an interesting theory.

In all honesty though, there must have been hundreds of kick abouts before games / during training with no injury therefore no comment, he could just as easily have slipped on a golf course, would that have brought about the same reaction?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've read some people suggesting it's player power - the big characters like a kick about, so they get one, despite what the coaches might prefer. Seems unlikely to me an international team's management could be so weak, but an interesting theory.

In all honesty though, there must have been hundreds of kick abouts before games / during training with no injury therefore no comment, he could just as easily have slipped on a golf course, would that have brought about the same reaction?

He could have slipped playing golf but nowhere near as easily as playing contact football.

I’ve yet to see an injury list on the European Tour

McIlroy our for 8 months with cruciate ligament damage after tripping over a 9 iron

Justin Rose - 6 weeks with a hamstring pull after chasing a chip and run up the fairway

Ian Poulter - 8 weeks Metatarsal after his caddy trud on his foot

They are paid big sums to play cricket, don’t endanger your profession.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
This is what happens when you concentrate on 1 day cricket, nice looking thirties and forties, no wonder we get stuffed playing Tests.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Says something about the state of batting in test cricket that England at 214/5 are now 8/11 on to win, having been 5/4 before the test started. :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I assume these two will get to 35-40 before playing a stupid shot and getting themselves out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I played my cards too soon. I was hoping I would spark them to both make big scores.

Predictable though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s a good ball, but it’s a one day shot from Buttler why he’s walking that far across and chasing balls I’m not sure, one day mindset.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thing is, that's how Buttler plays. It's up to the batters higher in the order to get a platform for him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If England are going to pick Buttler and send him out with the instruction of playing it like it is a one-day innings then you have to ask what is the point of test cricket?

I think we're close approaching the point of no return for test cricket. There seems little point in playing so many county 4 days games that nobody attends. I used to love test cricket but this is a farce. Almost every test playing nation has a worse team than they did 20 or 30 years ago, and the split into two divisions has simply not improved quality at the top end.

The one-day 100 competition is load of bollocks and far too similar to 20/20. There's some merit in having baseball-style North and South Divisions where every team plays every other team home and away with the winners playing a best of 7 one-day series 'World Series'-style finale.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here