** 2nd Test - India v England **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Surprised that Montys taken 153 wkts and Swann 206 as Swann is a regular and Monty is in and out of the team.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
India will make 390
England will be 50-7 but "rally" to 142ao
Following on England will make 308
India will get it 2 down

I was so close to getting it spot on

:jester:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surprised that Montys taken 153 wkts and Swann 206 as Swann is a regular and Monty is in and out of the team.

Monty was a regular though for a good couple of years before swann came on the scene.

Swann actually only made his test debut in India this time 4 years ago. It seems like he's been around for so much longer.

Monty's debut was also in India in 2006.

Swann has played 48 Tests with a bowling average of 29.04, Monty 43 at 32.31.

The big difference is the batting average. Monty 5.43, Swann 22.89.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Swann actually only made his test debut in India this time 4 years ago. It seems like he's been around for so much longer.

Monty's debut was also in India in 2006.

Swann has played 48 Tests with a bowling average of 29.04, Monty 43 at 32.31.

The big difference is the batting average. Monty 5.43, Swann 22.89.

And in the fielding. Swann is a super-reliable slip fielder. Monty is, er,, not.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Dhoni called it right at the end. The difference was the pace that Monty generates. I genuinely think this is the best England team ever in terms of beating India in India. Trott and Cook can do the hard yards. KP and Prior can take the game aaway from you and Swann and Panesar are the best spin twins i've ever seen. Having grown up watching Emburey and Edmonds it's a joy to watch these two. Only Tufnell has come close in terms of ability. Dhoni has made it clear he intends to generate spinning pitches and i seriously think we will win the next two tests. Our spinners are better that theirs. This is only the second time we've won in India since 1985 and I really do think this series will go down as a turning point for us.

Balls to that.

All seam attack in the next game, the Indians will not know what has hit them.

Why bother with bowlers at all? Cook has already admitted that it was KP's innings that won them the Test - leave the bowling to the part timers.

Compton, Cook (c), Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Root, Bairstow, Morgan, Patel, Prior, Bresnan

Bresnan and Patel can open the bowling, with Trott first change and Pietersen and Root as the other slow bowlers.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Why bother with bowlers at all? Cook has already admitted that it was KP's innings that won them the Test - leave the bowling to the part timers.

Compton, Cook (c), Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Root, Bairstow, Morgan, Patel, Prior, Bresnan

Bresnan and Patel can open the bowling, with Trott first change and Pietersen and Root as the other slow bowlers.

Broad could maybe get a game, he does have a test 100 to his name, but other than that, that is a decent line up.

Broad could maybe get a game, he does have a test 100 to his name, but other than that, that is a decent line up.

Good call - although it's unclear whether the fact that Broad's bowling average is higher than his batting average (31.9 with the ball and 26.0 with the bat) means he is classified as a bowler, unlike that stellar all-rounder Bresnan (who averages 33.7 with the bat and 31.3 with the ball).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports