Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd mystery bid for Bale?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Real Madrid still owe Spurs money for Luka Modric so I think Spurs are reluctant to keep giving Real their players on IOUs.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I see a few saying Man Utd, didn't think they had the cash unless they sell first (at least that type of cash). Man City would fit more unless they have stopped spending.

Even though they are allegedly considering Ronaldo. I guess they can find it if they need to, but I personally can't believe there is a second bid - at that level there's only 4 or 5 clubs worldwide that could consider it. Suspect the Real deal is done.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Stupid greedy man if that's the case. Real Madrid chairman is already wobbling on the sums.

They haven't the cash to pay up front. They want to pay by installments over 6 years. Spurs want hard cash up front as Spurs are still owed millions from their last deal with Real.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it true that Santander Bank finance both Real Madrid and Barcelona and then write off their debts at the end of the season.

Along with your other infamous claim a few years back, no it is not true. Why do you think Real Madrid sold their training ground and moved it out of town ?

I doubt Barca are the mystery bidder as they paid way over the odds for Naymar

D

Deleted member 18477

Wenger making a sneaky disrupting bid before this weeks derby!!

Surely not!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just Levy trying ro get a few extra shekels out of Madrid.

more likely to tell Madrid to get a move on and finish the deal. it possible there is another "bid", more lilky an enquiry, i dont think Bale would be interested in anything else.

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Is it true that Santander Bank finance both Real Madrid and Barcelona and then write off their debts at the end of the season.

No, there's such a misunderstanding amongst English supporters about Real Madrid's financial arrangements.

What actually happens is that every season Real Madrid racks up an enormous loss. Whichever political party is in power at the time (currently it's the centre-right, though it was the centre-left from 2003-2011, and regardless of their regional affiliations) then immediately approves the confiscation of government funds from some-or-other political program - usually the health budget where it's not missed - and hey presto, Real Madrid can sign more galacticos.

Naturally this leads to the usual bellyaching from the majority of the population who either have no interest in Real Madrid or outright loathing towards it, but it was written into the Spanish constitution on the insistence of King Juan Carlos following Franco's death in 1975.

Fortunately for FC Barcelona, they can cover their enormous losses by one of their non-football activities, the lucrative pick-pocketing racket they run on Las Ramblas, however the provincial clubs are less fortunate than to have one of Europe's street crime capitals on their doorstep.

But Santander, no. They were actually supposed to cover the losses of Racing Santander by applying a little known 1% interest surcharge to any UK account holder of Cahoot (maybe this is what your local bank teller was referring to), but while the bank's board were looking the other way and distracted with all those acquisitions making them the biggest bank in Europe, the local team found itself strapped for cash and has inadvertently fallen into the third level of Spanish football. That's caused quite a stink, but the region of Cantabria doesn't have the same political influence as Madrid, Catalonia or the Basque Country.

Such is the level of corruption in Spain, the lazy stereotyping which is I think is the point of your post?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here