Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 000 and counting

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I might of posted this before as a comment but I had two Leeds friends in the South Stand and Leeds couldn't work out why we come up north and sing about a team in Croydon. It really did piss them off. They gave up wondering if we were gay or not after 20 minutes.

We sung a chant about another team and that pissed them off ?

Its no different from other clubs singing about their rivals, Palace do it for us most games along with Spurs/Arsenal, United/City for example. I was at the Emirates for Arsenal vs Norwich last season (was given expensive hospitality tickets for free, dont judge me on that) and most chants if anything were about Spurs !!

Back on topic, 26,000 is good for Leeds, now Bates is gone its a new era for them.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I just meant that we are, historically and geographically, nothing to Leeds, no matter how much we might like to think we're a big club now.

Their high profile games- ie the ones they'll end up paying through the nose for policing- are Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, probably Nottingham Forest, and maybe Millwall.

We'll be down below Barnsley on the risk list (but above Yeovil & Bournemouth, unless Bournemouth's top boys fancy a little revenge for the day Leeds fans trashed their town back in the 1980s).

throw in Midd'boro & Birmingham

that said opening & last games of the season can be surprising

remember Bradford bringing a few down one year

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The new club owners didn't take kindly to the £500k 3 year contract that Ken arranged and billed to the club for travelling to and from games on a chartered private jet. Monaco isn't a stones throw from Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here