Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Years - The Rise Of Brighton & Hove Albion (A MUST Watch!)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
That 25 years video is bloody brilliant. Reminds me just how much we as Seagulls fans owe to all those people who fought so hard to get us our stadium. THANK YOU!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I do wonder as a 15 year old me now would I get hooked on the Albion like I did all those years ago. Probably couldn’t afford a ticket and definitely couldn’t afford to go away even if I could get a ticket.

Many Albion away games have gone to general sale this season and are circa £20 for under 21s. I’m always taken by number of teens/20somethings who make up our away support.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I do wonder as a 15 year old me now would I get hooked on the Albion like I did all those years ago. Probably couldn’t afford a ticket and definitely couldn’t afford to go away even if I could get a ticket.

Many Albion away games have gone to general sale this season and are circa £20 for under 21s. I’m always taken by number of teens/20somethings who make up our away support.

I go home and away with my son who is 15 and he's very much into it. I couldn't go on Sunday so he went by himself and met some mates at the ground. Two differences - firstly I pay for his tickets, whereas I used to get my own out of my paper round money. Secondly I don't think he smuggled 10 B&H and a box of matches in.

Jem is right, lots of youngsters going to every game and you soon get to know their faces. I'm sure my lad will team up with a group at some point and leave me to hunt for real ale boozers :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
At 15 I was using paper round money to go different when your 18+ as you can work full time. Good to hear though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I go home and away with my son who is 15 and he's very much into it. I couldn't go on Sunday so he went by himself and met some mates at the ground. Two differences - firstly I pay for his tickets, whereas I used to get my own out of my paper round money. Secondly I don't think he smuggled 10 B&H and a box of matches in.

Jem is right, lots of youngsters going to every game and you soon get to know their faces. I'm sure my lad will team up with a group at some point and leave me to hunt for real ale boozers :lolol:
I was a pack of ten Embassy No.1 and the obligatory box of matches teen, you must of had a better paper round :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A great reminder why we support this club.

And yet one poster, who has never set foot in Sussex, will quite happily write 'x isn't a fan of the club' just because they don't conform with his frankly baffling perspective on what it takes to be a football supporter.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I know that non league football has seen a huge increase in supporter numbers since lockdown. I know my late Grandad's club Havant & Waterlooville who had average crowds around 600 or so 5 years ago, now often take that number away from home with many youngsters going along for what you'd describe as typical away days, only it's £15 to get in, and you can change ends at half time. Perhaps that is where people are heading when they realise watching the PL home and away is the best part of £2k per year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know that non league football has seen a huge increase in supporter numbers since lockdown. I know my late Grandad's club Havant & Waterlooville who had average crowds around 600 or so 5 years ago, now often take that number away from home with many youngsters going along for what you'd describe as typical away days, only it's £15 to get in, and you can change ends at half time. Perhaps that is where people are heading when they realise watching the PL home and away is the best part of £2k per year.

Horses for courses tho eh? None of that stuff is compulsory. Personally happy to have been able to see - apart from the Albion obviously - the best of the best = Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard up close and personal. Similarly looking fwd to seeing Ronaldo in our parish shortly, along with one final confirmation that Pogba is really really shit

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Only just watched the video, welling up a bit.
It's been one hell of a ride, such a bizarre journey with so many ups and downs.
I may spout off sometimes after a game hasn't gone our way but I ****ing love this club and always will.
I'm Brighton till I die.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton must be one of the best club out there that reminds its fans, players, staff and managers of its history and how it got from the Goldstone to Withdean to here.
Countless videos, promo, tributes, acknowledgement marking 10th anniversaries, 20th anniversaries, 25th anniversaries. Here's just one small example of Dick telling the story in full on the official Albion YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xw1mnaYHU
So i'm pretty perplexed - even in reaction to that rather brilliant bit of video editing - that there's a belief that there's a reluctance by the club to do it properly or tell the story or to deliberately misrepresent the roles of those who played their part or that the club isn't trying to ensure its not forgotten. And who really thinks that if you're telling the story and bringing it up to date that Potter wouldn't be in it ? Really ?

What we need is a POLL to gauge our opinion of the issue.

:facepalm:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It's a classic 3 Act structure isn't it, Act 1 Goldstone, Act 2 Survival, Act 3 Renaissance. You can't end Act 3 in the past, so ending it with Potter leaving the field after a win away to Spurs bang in the present seems pretty spot on when Act 1 started with desperation and protest at possible extinction. Seemed a well structured piece of film making to me.

Should have ended with a shot of the fans.

The fans who fought to save the club, supported the team as it rose through the leagues and will be here long after any manager or CEO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here