Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 points dropped from winning position

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I remember the promise of the first league game under Potter. Take the lead v watford, bring on two attackers and extend the lead. Since then, unless we're playing Newcastle, it seems to be a case of take the lead then sit back and wait. And that doesn't tend to work out so well.

It's the sort of tactics Chris Hughton got sacked for.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
If only Potter would say things like this rather than his usual bland platitudes after a game.

I too would like that as would others here. Ain't gonna happen though as that's how he is, so we might as well accept it. I imagine what he says to his players is very different from his public persona and that the players wouldn't respect him much otherwise. I'd be surprised if things that Lallana, Dunk and now Webster have said recently didn't have his tacit agreement, and they may well reflect his real thoughts. He might likely be encouraging players to say things he doesn't want to say himself.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I too would like that as would others here. Ain't gonna happen though as that's how he is, so we might as well accept it. I imagine what he says to his players is very different from his public persona and that the players wouldn't respect him much otherwise. I'd be surprised if things that Lallana, Dunk and now Webster have said recently didn't have his tacit agreement, and they may well reflect his real thoughts. He might likely be encouraging players to say things he doesn't want to say himself.

No, it's one thing the players criticising themselves and another thing the manager doing it.

GP has never publicly criticised a player since he's been here.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My claim pre season was that success would look like more than 10 wins and less than 10 draws during a season. We have made progress across the pitch and many players have improved but too many drawers to break into the top 10

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s because we get a little desperate to hang on. Like the “winning at home”stat it becomes a burden. So keen to defend the crosses, bissouma clearance cannons off Lallana, white on the floor and Webster knocked over as a result means the gap to shoot opened up perfectly for SB.

Totally sums up our season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here