Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2021 Edition]

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So, effectively we've got 38 in the squad at the mo. Need to trim that down to about 30.
Walton, White, Van Hecke, Duffy, Baluta, Molumby, Richards, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Tau and Connolly would take it down to 27. Sounds good to me. We could perhaps add another up-and-coming CB (for we're good at doing that), and then either keep Roberts or loan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, effectively we've got 38 in the squad at the mo. Need to trim that down to about 30.
Walton, White, Van Hecke, Duffy, Baluta, Molumby, Richards, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Tau and Connolly would take it down to 27. Sounds good to me. We could perhaps add another up-and-coming CB (for we're good at doing that), and then either keep Roberts or loan.
Time to move on (if we can) Duffy, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Tau, certainly, and to find a good home (probably in the Championship) for Walton. Molumby may well feel he has been blocked and will want out too. Connolly and Richards certainly for loans though (Championship for Richards, somewhere - anywhere - where he can start scoring shedloads again for Connolly).
Don't really know too much about Van Hecke and Baluta, or where they might figure in our plans. Baluta has been unlucky I think - maybe time to get him a contract somewhere so he can build again. Van Hecke - would like to see how he does in England (or Jockoland, now we have contacts up there).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Time to move on (if we can) Duffy, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Tau, certainly, and to find a good home (probably in the Championship) for Walton. Molumby may well feel he has been blocked and will want out too. Connolly and Richards certainly for loans though (Championship for Richards, somewhere - anywhere - where he can start scoring shedloads again for Connolly).
Don't really know too much about Van Hecke and Baluta, or where they might figure in our plans. Baluta has been unlucky I think - maybe time to get him a contract somewhere so he can build again. Van Hecke - would like to see how he does in England (or Jockoland, now we have contacts up there).
Absolutely agree with all this.

The only thing I'd add is that if Bissouma stays then Caicedo should go out on loan. If Bissouma goes then Caicedo stays.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alireza leaves. Best of luck.

1. Sanchez ( HGP )
2. Steele ( HGP )
3. Walton ( HGP )
U21. Scherpen
U21. Lamptey
U21. Karbownik
4. March ( HGP )
5. New Signing ( LWB/LB)
6. Veltman
7. Burn ( HGP )
8. Webster ( HGP )
9. Dunk ( HGP )
10. White ( HGP ) - Sale agreed
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Østigård
U21. Van Hecke
U21. Roberts
13. Băluţa
14. Mwepu
15. Bissouma
16. Moder
U21. Caicedo
17. Molumby ( HGP )
18. Alzate ( HGP )
19. Lallana ( HGP )
20. Groß
21. Mac Allister
U21. Richards
22. Trossard
U21. Khadra
23. Tau
24. Maupay
25. Andone
26. Welbeck ( HGP )
27. Zeqiri
U21. Connolly
28. Locadia
29. New Signing ( Striker)

Loanees: Jenks (Aberdeen), Cochrane (Hearts), Longman (Hull City), Weir (Cambridge United), Clarke (WBA), Rushworth (Walsall), Arce (LDU Quito)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Alireza leaves. Best of luck.

1. Sanchez ( HGP )
2. Steele ( HGP )
3. Walton ( HGP )
U21. Scherpen
U21. Lamptey
U21. Karbownik
4. March ( HGP )
5. New Signing ( LWB/LB)
6. Veltman
7. Burn ( HGP )
8. Webster ( HGP )
9. Dunk ( HGP )
10. White ( HGP ) - Sale agreed
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Østigård
U21. Van Hecke
U21. Roberts
13. Băluţa
14. Mwepu
15. Bissouma
16. Moder
U21. Caicedo
17. Molumby ( HGP )
18. Alzate ( HGP )
19. Lallana ( HGP )
20. Groß
21. Mac Allister
U21. Richards
22. Trossard
U21. Khadra
23. Tau
24. Maupay
25. Andone
26. Welbeck ( HGP )
27. Zeqiri
U21. Connolly
28. Locadia
29. New Signing ( Striker)

Loanees: Jenks (Aberdeen), Cochrane (Hearts), Longman (Hull City), Weir (Cambridge United), Clarke (WBA), Rushworth (Walsall), Arce (LDU Quito)

My best exit guesses:

Walton, Duffy, Locadia - expect we want to sell

Van Hecke, Roberts, Richards, Connolly - expect we want to loan out

Baluta, Molumby - unsure if loan out or sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
The squad size seems to be becoming more manageable now.
I'd still like to see 5 more departures (Walton, Duffy, Baluta, Molumby, Locardia) and a couple of new additions

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We're going to end up having to name Locadia in the 25 aren't we...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No, we don't have to name 25 - just not allowed to name more than 25.

This is old ground - if they're over 25 and at the club they MUST be named in the 25, see us including Crofts in previous squads. Saving grace will be if we have more than 25 come the time. With Tau looking to be on the way out, I don't think this will be the case.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is old ground - if they're over 25 and at the club they MUST be named in the 25, see us including Crofts in previous squads. Saving grace will be if we have more than 25 come the time. With Tau looking to be on the way out, I don't think this will be the case.

Saving grace? Just because Locadia may end up in the 25 man squad doesnt mean he has to play a single minute.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

OK. Name Dicker in the squad then.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

They Don’t have to name them.

The player is then protected by employment law however and likely compensation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is old ground - if they're over 25 and at the club they MUST be named in the 25, see us including Crofts in previous squads.

Not necessarily.

9) Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.
10) Similarly, clubs do not have to name eight 'home-grown' players if they do not have enough, but this would mean submitting a reduced squad.

If you only have 6 HGPs, you can only name a 23 man squad; that doesn't stop you having 20 foreign players on the books - but three of them won't be named in the squad. Liverpool had enough overseas players so they could leave the injured VVD off the list. I'm pretty sure we don't have more than 17 overseas players, so we'd have to name, for instance, Dicker to make up the 25 man squad - and still leave Locadia out.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Simply not true.

West Brom didn't name Kamil Grosicki in their squad at the start of last season and only named a 24 man squad, they could have named him as a vast majority of their squad was home grown. Sheffield United also named a 22 man squad leaving goalkeeper Simon Moore out, he could have been named too as he was a HGP so nothing stopping him being named.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What you can't do is name a squad of say 24 leaving a player out, and then sign a non-contracted player to fill that space if you already have a player (not named in the squad) that could have been named.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What you can't do is name a squad of say 24 leaving a player out, and then sign a non-contracted player to fill that space if you already have a player (not named in the squad) that could have been named.

You CAN'T name a 24 man squad if you've got another HGP on the books. You CAN leave out an overseas player and name a 24 man squad if you've already got your maximum quota of 17 overseas players in the squad.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Wrong again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here