Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2021 Edition]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This guy has fantastic long passing abilities, similar to Dunk & White in that respect. There is clearly a lot of potential there. It’d be no surprise to see him ‘Potterised’ similar to what happened to BDB. I’d imagine that his value is so low at the moment, a place in the 26 might be the only way of recouping our initial outlay.
Indeed. I wouldn't write him off.

He made a big mistake ( like Connolly ) by not going on loan when the club originally preferred him to.

1 year left on his contract, not sure if we have a further option.

I could actually see us offering him a new contract with that option - along with another loan out.

Or, as far as I can see, it'll be a straight choice between Băluţa and Molumby for a place in the 25... ( with another new central midfielder brought in if Bissouma goes, and assuming Pröpper is on his way ).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Indeed. I wouldn't write him off.

He made a big mistake ( like Connolly ) by not going on loan when the club originally preferred him to.

1 year left on his contract, not sure if we have a further option.

I could actually see us offering him a new contract with that option - along with another loan out.

Or, as far as I can see, it'll be a straight choice between Băluţa and Molumby for a place in the 25... ( with another new central midfielder brought in if Bissouma goes, and assuming Pröpper is on his way ).
New central midfielder if Bissouma and Propper depart? Suspect their successors will be from Moder, Caicedo, Molumby and Baluta (and White if necessary, and we're also trying to accommodate Ostigard and/or Clarke).
The recruitment team will have a massive job moving on some of the players - and I fear we might make a loss on some of the youngsters we've paid good money for to join the development squad; Taylor Richards for example, and maybe Clarke.
Desperately need a loan for Connolly - far too much potential to just dump - and new permanent homes for Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and probably Tau. Is Arce finally off the books yet? Interesting weeks ahead!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
New central midfielder if Bissouma and Propper depart? Suspect their successors will be from Moder, Caicedo, Molumby and Baluta (and White if necessary, and we're also trying to accommodate Ostigard and/or Clarke).
The recruitment team will have a massive job moving on some of the players - and I fear we might make a loss on some of the youngsters we've paid good money for to join the development squad; Taylor Richards for example, and maybe Clarke.
Desperately need a loan for Connolly - far too much potential to just dump - and new permanent homes for Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and probably Tau. Is Arce finally off the books yet? Interesting weeks ahead!
Naylor suggested we would bring in a new recruit if Bissouma left. I see where he is coming from, although it is opinion not solid fact.

Arce is on the books until 2022. I don't think he has a work permit which is why I don't include him for now.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd like to see 13/14 players from that list shipped out, either on loan or released.
So would TB, PB, DA and GP I guess!

And that assumes we don't buy anyone else.
I'm not sure we'll be able to shift as many players on as we want, given the size of their contracts. I think we might have 3 or 4 in a kind of limbo ... which won't be healthy
Very probably - and I think we'll lose some we don't really want to lose, simply because they want first team football and are too far away from it at the moment with us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Naylor suggested we would bring in a new recruit if Bissouma left. I see where he is coming from, although it is opinion not solid fact.
Fair enough - but I think it'll be a failure of our succession policy if we do go out and buy. We paid about £10M (I believe) for Mac Allister, and not a great deal less for Moder (£8M?), and aa seven figure sum for Caicedo too. Plus the dev. squad expenditure on the likes of Alzate, Molumby, Jenks, et al.

Arce is on the books until 2022. I don't think he has a work permit which is why I don't include him for now.
Well, let's hope we don't find ourselves forking out for one then! One to write off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Any idea when we will hear about players whose contracts are actually up this summer ? (IIRC that's Izquierdo and Andone and maybe others)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any idea when we will hear about players whose contracts are actually up this summer ? (IIRC that's Izquierdo and Andone and maybe others)
Just Izquierdo and Welbeck are out of contract ( and Taylor Richards unless we have an option on another year ). It is rumoured we will take up the option on Walton - but nothing official.

No idea though when any official news will be.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just Izquierdo and Welbeck are out of contract ( and Taylor Richards unless we have an option on another year ). It is rumoured we will take up the option on Walton - but nothing official.

I thought we had taken the option on Walton? - in order to get something for him rather than just letting him go for free after investing a lot of money (by normal standards, not PL wages standard!) on him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought we had taken the option on Walton? - in order to get something for him rather than just letting him go for free after investing a lot of money (by normal standards, not PL wages standard!) on him.
Yes, it is rumoured. Nothing official from the club.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex

I could see someone like Benjamin Stambouli from Schalke coming in to cover if Bissouma goes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best of luck to Jose. Always a seagull.

1. Sanchez ( HGP )
2. Steele ( HGP )
3. Walton ( HGP ) or New Signing ( GK)
4. Ryan
U21. Lamptey
U21. Karbownik
U21. Cochrane
5. March ( HGP )
6. Bernardo or New Signing ( LWB/LB)
7. Veltman
8. Burn ( HGP )
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. White ( HGP )
12. Duffy ( HGP )
13. Clarke ( HGP )
14. Østigård
U21. Roberts
15. Băluţa
16. Bissouma
17. Moder
U21. Caicedo
18. Molumby
19. Pröpper
20. Alzate ( HGP )
21. Lallana ( HGP )
22. Groß
23. Mac Allister
24. Trossard
25. Jahanbakhsh
U21. Khadra
26. Tau
27. Maupay
U21. Connolly
28. Zeqiri
29. Andone
30. Welbeck ( HGP )
31. Locadia ( Cincinnati option to buy )
32. Gyökeres
33. Mlakar
U21. Longman
34. New Signing ( Striker)

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Owen in todays Argus saying we will be off loading players to trim wage bill. Hopefully time for a good clear out of the fringe players and utilise the opportunity to bring in three -4 quality additions.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Owen in todays Argus saying we will be off loading players to trim wage bill. Hopefully time for a good clear out of the fringe players and utilise the opportunity to bring in three -4 quality additions.

Easier said than done but hopefully thats the case. Ryan, Propper, Duffy, AJ, Locadia, Tau, Connolly, and Andone could all be on the way out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No doubt the ambition must be to get rid of a lot of players one way or another. The squad is massive.

Easier said than done but hopefully thats the case. Ryan, Propper, Duffy, AJ, Locadia, Tau, Connolly, and Andone could all be on the way out.

Indeed easier said than done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tau to Anderlecht seems to be gathering momentum but which player will be the first to depart ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
How much do we suppose this little lot would save us in wages if moved on?

Ryan
Propper
Duffy
AJ
Locadia
Tau
Connolly
Andone
Bernardo
Walton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here