Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Man Squad [2020 Edition]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
LOL.

Got to be min 8 HGPs per PL 25 man squad. Atleast 10 in there for us allowing for a couple of leavers.

The only rule is that a Premier League squad can contain a maximum of 17 players who do not qualify as home grown. There is no min or max number of HGPs required. You could name a squad of 17 overseas players and 1 HGP if you wanted to. If you were to name a 25 man squad it would need at least 8 HGPs though.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm going to guess that Adam Cochrane and Viktor Gyökeres are going to get some minutes tomorrow to try and prove that there is no need for a shopping list. Dunno if there's any promising wingers around? Gwargis maybe?

I dont think there will be any more signings until the loan returnees and some of the kids has been evaluated.

I think the Striker and LB are priorities and will be signed as soon as they are available and will have little bearing on the loaned out players returning.

Also worth noting we have now removed a few of the wage bill and still look to chop back with Button and Duffy to go out soon too. Therefore the budget must be healthy for spending out on the 2 key areas..

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I'm not disappointed with the move for Mooy. Makes sense for him at 29 to take the big pay day. As a squad a midfield 3 from Bissouna, Alzate, Molumby, Mac Allister and Lallana offers much greater pace (more of pace of thought with Lallana) than one with Propper, Stephens, Gross and Mooy. Frees up some probably pretty decent wage space for the striker and LB

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think the Striker and LB are priorities and will be signed as soon as they are available and will have little bearing on the loaned out players returning.

Also worth noting we have now removed a few of the wage bill and still look to chop back with Button and Duffy to go out soon too. Therefore the budget must be healthy for spending out on the 2 key areas..

I think signings will be avoided if GP think its avoidable. Might have been a case in the past but any time there's a hole in the squad, it might not be solved with a signing. Yes a new striker is more likely than not, but that could swiftly change.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So far this window we've got fees for Knockaert, Mooy, Montoya, and possibly Duffy & Button soon. From those we could have earned somewhere between £30-40million and wouldnt be surprised if a few others left. Realistically that means we'll be adding Lallana, Veltman, White, Molumby, Walton, a new left back, and new striker to the 25 for a net zero spend.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So far this window we've got fees for Knockaert, Mooy, Montoya, and possibly Duffy & Button soon. From those we could have earned somewhere between £30-40million and wouldnt be surprised if a few others left. Realistically that means we'll be adding Lallana, Veltman, White, Molumby, Walton, a new left back, and new striker to the 25 for a net zero spend.

The fee for Knockaert was reported as £10.5million; the fee for Mooy has been reported by Naylor as £4million and there has been reporting that suggests Montoya left for no upfront fee. I don't think we'll recoup anywhere near "£30-40million", even if Duffy does go.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The fee for Knockaert was reported as £10.5million; the fee for Mooy has been reported by Naylor as £4million and there has been reporting that suggests Montoya left for no upfront fee. I don't think we'll recoup anywhere near "£30-40million", even if Duffy does go.

Very much this. Think it's more about getting players off the wage bill so we can bring in new faces to improve the squad. If we can pick up some fees then great.

Some of our kids went for fees also. Won't be a lot but all adds up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
(thanks to Blue Valkiyre) - squad now looking like its needs a few signings...

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP )
-. Button ( HGP ) ( to West Brom ? )
3. Steele ( HGP ) or Sanchez ( HGP ) or New Signing
U21. Lamptey
4. Bernardo or New Signing
5. Veltman
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( HGP )
9. White ( HGP )
10. Stephens ( HGP )
U21. Molumby
U21. Sanders
11. Bissouma
12. Pröpper
13. Alzate ( HGP )
14. Groß
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Mac Allister
17. March ( HGP )
18. Trossard
19. Izquierdo
20. Jahanbakhsh or New Signing
21. Gyökeres
22. Maupay
U21. Connolly
23. New Signing ( Striker)

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
(thanks to Blue Valkiyre) - squad now looking like its needs a few signings...

1. Ryan
2. Walton ( HGP )
-. Button ( HGP ) ( to West Brom ? )
3. Steele ( HGP ) or Sanchez ( HGP ) or New Signing
U21. Lamptey
4. Bernardo or New Signing
5. Veltman
6. Burn ( HGP )
7. Webster ( HGP )
8. Dunk ( HGP )
9. White ( HGP )
10. Stephens ( HGP )
U21. Molumby
U21. Sanders
11. Bissouma
12. Pröpper
13. Alzate ( HGP )
14. Groß
15. Lallana ( HGP )
16. Mac Allister
17. March ( HGP )
18. Trossard
19. Izquierdo
20. Jahanbakhsh or New Signing
21. Gyökeres
22. Maupay
U21. Connolly
23. New Signing ( Striker)

Any thoughts on possible signings or further departures Chaileyjem?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any thoughts on possible signings or further departures Chaileyjem?

Button to West Brom looks likely as GK line up this season looks like Walton - if injury is weeks not months which is initial suspicion, and Ryan .
Few more u23s on loans.to EFL - Cochrane, Roberts etc.
Think AJ and probably Bernardo will stay.
Incoming striker, full back and always in a window - the odd - if they're available - pragmatic signing.
And so far no first choice outgoings as is Bloom strategy - thus Dunk/White contracts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Button to West Brom looks likely as GK line up this season looks like Walton - if injury is weeks not months which is initial suspicion, and Ryan .
Few more u23s on loans.to EFL - Cochrane, Roberts etc.
Think AJ and probably Bernardo will stay.
Incoming striker, full back and always in a window - the odd - if they're available - pragmatic signing.
And so far no first choice outgoings as is Bloom strategy - thus Dunk/White contracts.

I'm not entirely convinced that the squad is light in terms of numbers, but could certainly add an injection of quality.
As you outline in your previous post (and assuming that Sanders goes out on loan), we already have 25 in the squad (3 of which are u21). We need a new striker for sure, and a replacement for Bernardo if he leaves and possibly (although not essential) if Jahanbakhsh is on the way out too.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We're looking ok . . . we just need a striker/Murray upgrade, as we've all been saying for three years.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As a squad of 25, that squad is light. We don't know if Sanders, Gyokeres or even Molumby will be up to it and they have no Premier League experience. Izquierdo may not be up to it now. Bernardo is off shortly and probably at least one keeper, although maybe Sanchez could step up to the bench. Not sure if Walton will be fit enough to be named before January. No idea if Cochrane and Roberts are in the frame and personally, I have doubts, probably unfounded, about Alzate's fitness over a season. Unless we see the U23's as integral and squad ready, I reckon we are a four to five players short excluding keeper cover. At least three would surely need to be completely Premier League ready.
Edit: That also presumes we keep Ali J and I think we should.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As a squad of 25, that squad is light. We don't know if Sanders, Gyokeres or even Molumby will be up to it and they have no Premier League experience. Izquierdo may not be up to it now. Bernardo is off shortly and probably at least one keeper, although maybe Sanchez could step up to the bench. Not sure if Walton will be fit enough to be named before January. No idea if Cochrane and Roberts are in the frame and personally, I have doubts, probably unfounded, about Alzate's fitness over a season. Unless we see the U23's as integral and squad ready, I reckon we are a four to five players short excluding keeper cover. At least three would surely need to be completely Premier League ready.
Edit: That also presumes we keep Ali J and I think we should.

I'll eat my hat if they bring in four or five players.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wondering given the versatility so many of our players have, whether we'll end up with a relatively small squad.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Wondering given the versatility so many of our players have, whether we'll end up with a relatively small squad.

Possibly, tomorrow's talks on the 5 subs situation will have a bearing. Can't believe we won't bring in another striker, not overly fussed about the LWB situation unlike some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here