Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25/1 for promotion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Those odds look terrible as things stand, but if you are willing to take a punt on Bloom releasing decent money for transfers and Slade being up to the job of guiding a new team to the title, it's gonna be a great return, should it happen.

Head says "no way", heart says we've won Championships against the odds twice in recent seasons. I'm tempted I have to confess.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
My mistake, yes it's 25/1 to win the league and 9/1 for promotion (Sky Bet)

Didn't look at the tab titles :down:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Looking at the strength of League 1 next season and the fact Bloom has already said there won't be a significant increase in the playing budget I'd say a bet to win the league would be a waste of money. Then again if you've got a spare tenner you wouldn't miss there's always a chance, albeit an extremely slim one. 9/1 sounds worth taking a punt on as we have a good chance of making the play-offs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last season , before getting the train to go to Crewe , Russ went into Corals and slapped down a fiver on us winning League 1 at 22/1. With the squad being rebuilt 25/1 is good value but too much of a punt factoring in the other clubs who might be at the top as well. Taking 9/1 must be the bet , with 3 chances to win (1st , 2nd or winning the play offs)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given there isnt a full squad yet, there should be some good value in promotion odds, the bookies have no more info than we do at this point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here