Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£25,000

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
sorry for the ridiculously off topic post but many of you donated or sponsored or gave up your time in various different ways and i don't even know all of your real names to track you down and thank you individually and we made a decision to take down the website and while i do have the back up from it i don't know how to access bits of it to obtain that info. i know mrs starry was keen to keep things off the forum because she rolls her eyes a lot when people post a journal of their day to day life and think people are interested, but i am posting this anyway.

after Anastasia died and we collected the initial donations that were used to provide pain pumps so sick children could return home we decided to raise some more money to fund play therapy services to provide respite care for other sick children. we've now achieved that with the help of many of you, that figure is also going to be matched so we are able to split the money between several different causes that are very near and dear to us. i know it will make a big difference to the lives of children in the hospice now and in the future. so just wanted to say thank you.

it would be Anastasia's fourth birthday next week and i know mrs starry is fond of pressuring people to give blood, register for bone marrow, register for organ donation etc and while i am not quite so menacing as her - please please donate if you are able.

this is probably quite a girly post to make but my family, not just us that are on this website, have been astounded at the generosity and kindness of people here.

paddy

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
this is probably quite a girly post to make but my family, not just us that are on this website, have been astounded at the generosity and kindness of people here.

paddy

I don't think it is girly at all. In fact I think that you and your family are quite frankly amazing and considering your loss, you should be proud of what you have done and achieved over recent times.

As a parent I raise my hat to you.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I don't think it is girly at all. In fact I think that you and your family are quite frankly amazing and considering your loss, you should be proud of what you have done and achieved over recent times.

As a parent I raise my hat to you.

Indeed, the both of you should be proud of yourselves, hopefully a lot of children in the future will benefit from your efforts. :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well i can't really add anything that won't already be said later in the thread , but that truly is inspirational in all senses of the word - i can only praise back and no pressure on me - i've already on the donor list and will give blood and bone marrow soon

kudos

Ash :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here