Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If you mean the guy who looks like Goose’s son then I have to disagree, imho one of the best questioning officers I’ve seen in a long while across all docu police stuff!
Thank you, it’s been bugging me who that detective remind me of.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
If you mean the guy who looks like Goose’s son then I have to disagree, imho one of the best questioning officers I’ve seen in a long while across all docu police stuff!
I agree. I think it also helps looking like a nerd. The lad being questioned was busting to say something to him, if it was a grizzled old copper I don’t think it would help as much.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I agree. I think it also helps looking like a nerd. The lad being questioned was busting to say something to him, if it was a grizzled old copper I don’t think it would help as much.
Indeed, there’s a big difference with questioning and interrogating, and from the many shows I watch this young man clearly knows what he’s doing and extremely likeable too !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I took a double take at that too! 😂
IMG_1085.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed, there’s a big difference with questioning and interrogating, and from the many shows I watch this young man clearly knows what he’s doing and extremely likeable too !

ExactIy. And you don’t get to be the lead on a murder interview if you’re no good.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I hope he can handle himself because that could be a great handle to swing him around by in a tear up.

Personally, I don’t agree with that hairstyle on an officer but it takes all sorts, I suppose.
Before we even get to the safety and look of it, how does he wear a hat/ helmet? There’s a Sussex Police officer I see round Brighton slot with a ‘man bun’

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Before we even get to the safety and look of it, how does he wear a hat/ helmet? There’s a Sussex Police officer I see round Brighton slot with a ‘man bun’

Nowadays coppers only have to wear hats in Transport or if they are on a specific operation. I believe.

Although I’m guessing he could flatten it down?

Just an odd choice for a PC, I thought.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nowadays coppers only have to wear hats in Transport or if they are on a specific operation. I believe.

Although I’m guessing he could flatten it down?

Just an odd choice for a PC, I thought.
I know in the Royal Navy nowadays folk who ID as Rasta’s can wear dreads etc , maybe he’s claiming some sort of religious association?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thought the young guy was incredible. Firstly the absolute balls on him to be interviewing psychos looking like that and secondly, as others have said, you could see how positively the suspect was responding to him. Really refreshing to see someone so young and intelligent in such an important public role.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Personally, I don’t agree with that hairstyle on an officer but it takes all sorts, I suppose.

Could it be a good thing if the people being policed can see themselves in the officers policing them? (ie, having a mix of officers of all types)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep because you see loads of folk like that walking around committing crime 😂 “Can you describe the man who stole your handbag” 😂
I'd finished my point, but then thought some muppet would make out that I was suggesting that people with mohawks need more policing, so I added (ie, having a mix of officers of all types) to cover it, but no, it hasn't stopped you.

People of all types need policing, often just because we're in marches protesting against the likes of Archer and Bellotti, and I think it helps if officers look like a mix of the population, as opposed to identikit robots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here