Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
*-SPOILERS-*

What a despicable episode.

I feel sick after watching it, how has that despicable woman got an 16 month (8 months) sentence, if that were a man who had done those things, I’m absolutely stunned the judge came to the conclusion of such a miserly punishment.

How on earth did she get off with ABH - surely if she was found guilty to have done it she should have been done for GBH based on his injuries.

She will be out in 16 months to find some other vulnerable bloke to beat up.

What a joke!!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Makes sense. I’ve visited Luton on a number of occasions and never been impressed with the area.

Back in 1989 I was working for Cheltenham & Gloucester when it was a building society. I was manager of a small branch in Hampshire and was due a promotion to a larger branch. I was told that I needed to apply for the next branch that came up - which ended up being Luton!!!

Fortunately, I went down with salmonella poisoning from an egg (this was around the time of the Edwina Curry salmonella comment) just a couple of days before my interview!!! I was very very ill for around three weeks and had to withdraw my application!!! Phew!!!! The next branch that came up was Hove ... hence why I'm now a Brighton STH!! :albion2:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
How on earth did she get off with ABH - surely if she was found guilty to have done it she should have been done for GBH based on his injuries.

She will be out in 16 months to find some other vulnerable bloke to beat up.

What a joke!!

It was shocking ... a very hard watch.

They do a great job with the cases they show on that programme. Gutting for the female police officer who was obviously genuinely involved with the case and wanted to help the guy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
New series started, absolutely shocking burglary where 3 women get battered. Unclear what happened at the end!?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He pled guilty to the burglary, ABH and GBH charges and will be sentenced in October.

https://www.bedfordshirelive.co.uk/news/bedfordshire-news/sandel-hornea-24-hours-police-5973605

All a little odd. He took a games console believing it to be the cctv hard drive but he had the women under his control so why didn't he take anything else, even wedding rings etc. I wonder whether it was related to his other activities and he got the wrong house or something!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Another interesting episode last night . Those Luton men are not to be messed with

Some very dodgy verdicts on that program, the police questioning how those brothers could afford the hotshot lawyer based on the income from their chicken shop. I reckon the police are keeping a very close eye on them now, waiting for them to slip up.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some very dodgy verdicts on that program, the police questioning how those brothers could afford the hotshot lawyer based on the income from their chicken shop. I reckon the police are keeping a very close eye on them now, waiting for them to slip up.

Guy with a loaded and cocked sawn off shot gun. charges dropped!!

There’s more to this

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Last nights episode clearly there is more to the story than the ownership of a Peri Peri shop, I would like to know what happened to that dude with a slice of his chin missing...

I like the way the programme is sympathetic to the police and clearly they granted the defence team time on the show, to make you wonder why is the hot shot lawyer defending them and how can they afford it, implying there is more monetary value to this issue clearly. It must be so frustrating being a policeman, knowing what you know as fact, but not either being aloud to present it, or having definitive evidence that cannot be used, for some legal issue that affects another case etc, etc....

How on earth does someone get found in possession of a loaded shotgun and not get sent down....

I do not understand that, I do not get it at all....

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
without seeing all the details and the evidence and only what was shown on TV, the two convicted brothers initially entered the chicken shop with two very large knives and started an altercation. Whatever happened after that was likely to be as a result of them entering his place of work with lethal weapons. Seems like self defence is quite likely to be the defences strategy here but Im not sure that throwing hot oil counts as that.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Utter inept policing the detective in charge doesn't have the skills or the determination to get convictions, how with all the cctv and phone footage evidence and weapons found at the scene do half the people charged walk away, why only six face charges when there was clearly 20 or so involved , how does someone caught red handed with a loaded sawn off shotgun in the street ready to fire walk away, why was the entire family living in a house with over a half a million pounds worth of drugs scattered around the back garden not arrested,, the officer in charge should just give up policing and become a floor manager at tesco's

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Utter inept policing the detective in charge doesn't have the skills or the determination to get convictions, how with all the cctv and phone footage evidence and weapons found at the scene do half the people charged walk away, why only six face charges when there was clearly 20 or so involved , how does someone caught red handed with a loaded sawn off shotgun in the street ready to fire walk away, why was the entire family living in a house with over a half a million pounds worth of drugs scattered around the back garden not arrested,, the officer in charge should just give up policing and become a floor manager at tesco's

Why the police and not the jury?

The white British population of Luton was a minority in the town 10 years ago, so another 10 years on and it’s entirely plausible that the jury had a sufficient enough mix of backgrounds on it that would have meant the suspects “peers” were either not willing to believe the police and/or convict one of their own.

The video evidence was clear enough alone for violent disorder convictions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why the police and not the jury?

The white British population of Luton was a minority in the town 10 years ago, so another 10 years on and it’s entirely plausible that the jury had a sufficient enough mix of backgrounds on it that would have meant the suspects “peers” were either not willing to believe the police and/or convict one of their own.

The video evidence was clear enough alone for violent disorder convictions.

Are you suggesting that Asians won't convict Asians? And that a white jury has never been nobbled / convicted on the basis of race?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a load of shit

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Are you suggesting that Asians won't convict Asians? And that a white jury has never been nobbled / convicted on the basis of race?

Yawn, are you suggesting juries are never nobbled, jury decisions are not affected by conscious or unconscious bias and ethnic minorities have a lack of trust in the Police?

That’s some stone you have been living under………wait till you check where BHA are in the league!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here