Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23,661

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
....the majority of wages which are picked up by the parent club!

Not often unless in exceptional circumstances. And we sometimes pay loan fees etc. Loans might not be the right option, but they're certainly not the "cheap" option or indicate as the OP implied a "total lack of investment"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So the ST holders that pay every month like clockwork should sit next to family's getting in for a fiver? I don't think so.

They do offer kids/football clubs tickets for the shelf/group trips at substantial discounts but no, they're not free.

The u21s match at the Amex, however, will have potentially thousands of free tickets via clubs receiving them from the FA. (depends how many take them up)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So the ST holders that pay every month like clockwork should sit next to family's getting in for a fiver? I don't think so.

And this, sadly, is the attitude which will stop it happening.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
When we hit the Premiership next season we will fill the Amex every week.
I would recommend getting a season ticket now or risk not getting in again.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Everyone who plays it as children, those growing up with it as adolescents, those that dream and fall in love with the game. Everyone deserves a chance to watch good football. Those that are more affluent should stop this hard arsed view that 'I pay you stay away attitude'. You can afford a ST, bully for you! just don't deprive some of the community from seeing what may be 1 game a year.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A couple in my office tried to buy a season ticket last week but were quoted £540 for the East so have ditched the idea

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When we hit the Premiership next season we will fill the Amex every week.
I would recommend getting a season ticket now or risk not getting in again.

Will we though? Our attendances went down when we last got to the top division.

According to people on here, we're not selling out because a) it's too expensive or b) we're not hammering sides every week. If we get promoted, it's not going to get any cheaper nor are we going to thrash any more teams. So are we going to sell out?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A couple in my office tried to buy a season ticket last week but were quoted £540 for the East so have ditched the idea

Crazy, it would take 20 mins after every home game to pro rata down for all enquirers in the next fortnight. Just needs one of the bean counters to do some proactive rather than reactive work for a change

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Name another club who have spent the last 30 years playing lower league football who would get 23000 for a second tier championship game against MK Dons. In fact name more than 12 clubs in the country who would no matter the relative success they have had over the last 30 years. So no. Given the garbage on and off the pitch for generation after generation, it just goes to show how lucky the Albion are. They have however just started to scratch the surface, imagine if we had a half decent top flight side?

When we got into the old first division, it was assumed we would get plenty of crowds of over 30,000. We didn't. We didn't even attract our highest average up to that point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we get to the Premiership it will be very interesting to see the amount of whingers who cannot get a ticket for the home games against Chelsea, Man Utd / City, Arsenal and Liverpool

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And this, sadly, is the attitude which will stop it happening.

Completely agree. I find that a bit selfish - shame as the club know these moaners are out there waiting to pounce if they do too many offers to fill the place.. :(

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If we get to the Premiership it will be very interesting to see the amount of whingers who cannot get a ticket for the home games against Chelsea, Man Utd / City, Arsenal and Liverpool

Or how many fans attempt to buy our season ticket for singular matches

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or how many fans attempt to buy our season ticket for singular matches

That would be quite expensive but I suppose some could afford it.

Football at the Amex is expensive but if you are playing well you can get away with it but I do accept the match by match prices are very high.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure my point from way back in this thread really got picked up, so I'm going to make it again.

23,000 is still amazing, but the difference between these two is pretty startling, I think:

9/11/13 Albion (12th) v Blackburn (9th) - 27,912
7/11/15 Albion (3rd*) v MK Dons (20th) 23,661

(* - where 3rd was actually joint top on points, undefeated and playing for a club record sequence of undefeated league games)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not sure my point from way back in this thread really got picked up, so I'm going to make it again.

23,000 is still amazing, but the difference between these two is pretty startling, I think:

9/11/13 Albion (12th) v Blackburn (9th) - 27,912
7/11/15 Albion (3rd*) v MK Dons (20th) 23,661

(* - where 3rd was actually joint top on points, undefeated and playing for a club record sequence of undefeated league games)

Surely the point to pick up as stated was the shocking season last time round which has clearly meant a lot of fans did not renew or those casual ones cannot be bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here